Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

happyquiltmom 09-19-2012 04:59 PM

That's gorgeous, Candace!

BoJangles 09-20-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5526472)
Here's one of my most recent finishes, made for my daughter at her new apartment. It's twin sized and pieced entirely on vintage machines, mostly my White Fair Lady, straight stitch machine. I did, however, quilt it on my new Bernina. It's a very intricate BOM, strip quilt from my guild and my White came through with flying colors. She demanded zebra fabric on the back.

Candace I love the quilt! That red and black just pop, and what a contemporary design! So different from my work! What size is that quilt? It must be for her college apartment? Wow, I have seen a few contemporary quilts, but I usually don't particularly care for them. Your quilt is stunning!

Nancy

vintagemotif 09-20-2012 06:25 AM

Candace that is a pretty quilt. I reminds me of a Roman mosaic floor with a bit of modern patterns added. I have never seen a strip quilt with each strip being detailed. I like this idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Candace 09-20-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5527710)
Candace I love the quilt! That red and black just pop, and what a contemporary design! So different from my work! What size is that quilt? It must be for her college apartment? Wow, I have seen a few contemporary quilts, but I usually don't particularly care for them. Your quilt is stunning!

Nancy

Thanks, it's about a twin size. The BOM/Strip of the month was to get us outside our box and make us think about using these designs for borders instead of slapping some fabric on to enlarge a quilt. What I was left with, were a bunch of strips all different sizes that I knew had to be made into a quilt or they'd never be used. The colors are my DD's favorites and the minute she saw it, she claimed it:> It's not something I would have set out to make, but a good learning experience with small piecing and accuracy. Some of the pieces were an inch!

fred liniger 09-21-2012 08:02 PM

Great Quilts Ladies wish i new how to get mine on finally got it done

BoJangles 09-22-2012 04:55 PM

Fred post your quilt, we'd love to see it. Just do a "reply with Quote." You will see a line of icons at the top, click on the one that looks like a picture frame. Make sure you select "from computer" at the next screen. Click on the "browse" button, go to your photo (somewhere already loaded on your computer), select that photo so the address appears in the "browse" line, then just download. Wait a few seconds and your photo will appear. Then you can "Post quick reply" or "Go Advanced" to get it to load here.

Nancy

ArizonaKAT 09-23-2012 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally found a use for my little scrap triangles left over from my star quilt. This quilt cost me $9. I bought a flannel back for it. Moving up north from Az next year. Everything I sew now has that in mind.

Bennett 09-23-2012 04:31 PM

I like how you've mixed the blocks of squares and half-square triangles. It looks very scrappy and cozy.

vintagemotif 09-23-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 5535482)
Finally found a use for my little scrap triangles left over from my star quilt. This quilt cost me $9. I bought a flannel back for it. Moving up north from Az next year. Everything I sew now has that in mind.

KAT that's a nice scrappy quilt!

miriam 09-23-2012 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, not a quilt but I pieced on a bouncy Spartan. Getting the corners to turn was the trick. It's done like a block toy, by leaving the corners you turn open beyond the seam.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365134[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365133[/ATTACH]