Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

BoJangles 09-24-2012 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 5535482)
Finally found a use for my little scrap triangles left over from my star quilt. This quilt cost me $9. I bought a flannel back for it. Moving up north from Az next year. Everything I sew now has that in mind.

Kat, love the scrappy quilt! Geeze, you are going from Arizona to up north? What a difference the weather is going to be for you - I doubt you use quilts much in Arizona!

Miriam, what a cute patchwork bag! Nice job!

Nancy

vintagemotif 09-24-2012 06:02 AM

Miriam, Cute patchwork bags! Another great way to use up the scraps.

grayhare 09-24-2012 08:41 AM

Miriam, very nice patchwork bags!

Bennett 09-24-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5536768)
Well, not a quilt but I pieced on a bouncy Spartan. Getting the corners to turn was the trick. It's done like a block toy, by leaving the corners you turn open beyond the seam.

Neat bags Miriam. Is there a specific pattern you used? My sister might like to try something like that.

miriam 09-24-2012 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 5537842)
Neat bags Miriam. Is there a specific pattern you used? My sister might like to try something like that.

I saw one and copied it. I made 49 pictures - not easy project - here is the layout - Bennett you could figure it out - leave turned corner seams open to seam allowance so they can be turned.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365203[/ATTACH]

miriam 09-24-2012 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is another pic of it - maybe you can figure it out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365205[/ATTACH]

J Miller 09-24-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 5535482)
Finally found a use for my little scrap triangles left over from my star quilt. This quilt cost me $9. I bought a flannel back for it. Moving up north from Az next year. Everything I sew now has that in mind.

AZ KAT, I love the quilt. I've filed the pic to use for ideas for some of our scraps.

About leaving Arizona .... you have my deepest sympathies. I sincerely hope you don't end up regretting it.
My wife and I left AZ in 98. We have been fighting tooth and nail to get back. There is simply not enough money to make the move. :(

Joe

Muv 09-24-2012 12:59 PM

Miriam - I'm still working on the puzzle bag. My brain is a bit slow when it comes to the third dimension.

ArizonaKAT - what a wonderful way to use up the scraps! The colours are really pretty.

Candace - the red black and white are really effective together - such an attractive quilt!

miriam 09-24-2012 01:06 PM

OK. I have had pms on the bag - I'll try to do a tutorial

miriam 09-24-2012 04:34 PM

I did a tutorial but the QB ate the pictures - they really were there once upon a time. Go figure.