Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Weedwoman 02-08-2011 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare

Originally Posted by tomilu

uhhmm.. I'm starting to think I'm a bit loopy.
Saw this and liked it.. not even a singer but sure is a mess :roll: tiime to shoot me? lol

It's a nice old White. Just needs some tlc.

Thank you. I already luv her!! I even moved everything in that room to give her top space! Waiting for the man to head up in this direction this summer.. I think I will keep him kinda busy with a few. I did buy some stuff for cleaning after I picked her up... and some cotton balls. Will practice on my least favorite one! Geesh.. I now have 6 machines in less than 2 weeks. I think I need rehab!!

There is no rehab, I've already checked......

Donna Mare 02-08-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Originally Posted by tomilu

uhhmm.. I'm starting to think I'm a bit loopy.
Saw this and liked it.. not even a singer but sure is a mess :roll: tiime to shoot me? lol

It's a nice old White. Just needs some tlc.

Thank you. I already luv her!! I even moved everything in that room to give her top space! Waiting for the man to head up in this direction this summer.. I think I will keep him kinda busy with a few. I did buy some stuff for cleaning after I picked her up... and some cotton balls. Will practice on my least favorite one! Geesh.. I now have 6 machines in less than 2 weeks. I think I need rehab!!

There is no rehab, I've already checked......

UHOh no rehab? You mean I probably will continue on this route forever? hmmmmm

Donna Mare 02-08-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Ill post photos of the cabinet in a bit and the treadle still needs to be picked up. I ran out of room in the car for another machine so I have to go back and get it.

The machine will be in my "Clean the Studio" sale. ;-)

Billy

and when is this Clean the Studio sale?

Also, be prepared when you go northerly you have some things in Maine to do. I got another today.... I talked to Bonehead and he doesn't care, so life is good. He is snoring on the floor...buggah!

Donna Mare 02-08-2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by tjradj
Well there ya go again. I leave this board alone for 3 hours and BAM, 4 more pages of posts to read. How am I going to get any quilting done?
Actually, I finished my niece's purple and blue quilt tonight, in time for guild show and tell Thursday, then pack her up and mail it in time for her birthday , first week of March. Wahooo!

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to finish a quilt! We need to see a picture!

Nancy

Here it is upon your request :)

Beautiful!! Love the colors!!

Lostn51 02-08-2011 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Ill post photos of the cabinet in a bit and the treadle still needs to be picked up. I ran out of room in the car for another machine so I have to go back and get it.

The machine will be in my "Clean the Studio" sale. ;-)

Billy

and when is this Clean the Studio sale?

Also, be prepared when you go northerly you have some things in Maine to do. I got another today.... I talked to Bonehead and he doesn't care, so life is good. He is snoring on the floor...buggah!

In a couple of weeks ;)

Billy

buslady 02-08-2011 05:41 PM

love that quilt, may i copy? also, i've been watching this site for a mere coupl of months and have aquired ten vintage machines. i think i have a problem, but i guess as probs go, there are much worse. LOL

Weedwoman 02-08-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
love that quilt, may i copy? also, i've been watching this site for a mere coupl of months and have aquired ten vintage machines. i think i have a problem, but i guess as probs go, there are much worse. LOL

Amen, Sister. If collecting and using vintage sewing machines is the only addiction we have that requires a needle, I'd say we are doing great. lol

Lostn51 02-08-2011 05:54 PM

That is a beautiful quilt I love the shadow box design and the colors are amazing!!

Billy

Glenn 02-08-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Originally Posted by buslady

Amen, Sister. If collecting and using vintage sewing machines is the only addiction we have that requires a needle, I'd say we are doing great. lol

I agree with you but I must admit I have a glass or two of wine on the weekends, even have a finger or two of Jack Daniels every now and then.(when my wife lets me) :lol: Glenn

buslady 02-08-2011 06:51 PM

I have to admit I spend my share of money on this little addiction, but not nearly as much as many spend on booze and/or drugs. And I get just as high! LOL