Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

amBoo 06-11-2011 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This board is such a bad influence! This is my last sewing machine purchase. Really. I mean it. I picked up this 15-91 last week for $45. The cabinet needs refinishing but the machine is in excellent condition. Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a featherweight 222 in very good condition, lovely clean case for $460. I thought it was a good deal. Then there's the 301 card table I just got that needs to be cleaned up and legs repainted.

Enough!! Well, unless something else comes along calling my name!

Nancy

purplefiend 06-11-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by amBoo
This board is such a bad influence! This is my last sewing machine purchase. Really. I mean it. I picked up this 15-91 last week for $45. The cabinet needs refinishing but the machine is in excellent condition. Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a featherweight 222 in very good condition, lovely clean case for $460. I thought it was a good deal. Then there's the 301 card table I just got that needs to be cleaned up and legs repainted.

Nancy

You got a penguin walking foot??? You lucky dog! They are so rare. Pretty 15-91.

vintagemotif 06-11-2011 09:08 AM

Nancy

Congrats on all of your treasures!

It is fun seeing what everyone rescues! It is nice to see that folks are saving these machines.

Weedwoman 06-11-2011 09:08 AM

Oh, good grief, now I want a two spools. Does this ever end? lol

Krystyna 06-11-2011 09:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I am now an official member of the vintage sewing machine owner's club! Don't know why, but I am a little terrified of it. Can anyone help ID the exact model for me? Serial number is GO108195. I'd really like to find a manual. And a little hand holding would be good, too! :roll:

Miz Johnny 06-11-2011 09:49 AM

Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.

The foot will bring a lot more than $45. Sell it on Ebay and buy more machines!!!!

purplefiend 06-11-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Hi, I am now an official member of the vintage sewing machine owner's club! Don't know why, but I am a little terrified of it. Can anyone help ID the exact model for me? Serial number is GO108195. I'd really like to find a manual. And a little hand holding would be good, too! :roll:

Its okay, she won't bite. You have a model 66-1 with Red Eye decals, she's a sister to my machine. Do the feet attach at
the back or on the side?
Yours is older than mine by a few months made in 1910,
my serial number is G5960807.
You could remove the motor and light and make her a treadle again.

Miz Johnny 06-11-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Except the irons are gone, and it's very hard to find ones that will fit.

Kas 06-11-2011 10:11 AM

Oh why oh why would someone do that to such a beautiful cabinet? And your redey is fabulous! My favorite machine.

purplefiend 06-11-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Except the irons are gone, and it's very hard to find ones that will fit.

Dang it! I see that now. :cry: :shock: