Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 10-06-2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
What would a Singer 9W in a good cabinet be worth. The machine just needs a good cleaning. Any help is appreciated. The asking price is $100

For that price get it they were not made for a couple of years at the most between 1910 and 1911. And if your lucky it was made from the left over castings of the W&W factory buy out. If it was then your sitting on a gold mine!!

Billy

quiltdoctor 10-06-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Have a question. Has anyone seen or own a Western Electric portable (wooden case) that is an electric two spools machine?? I have a friend wanting to sell one, but have no idea what it is worth. In really nice shape. Who made the 2 spool machines??

Texas Jan

National or Eldredge were the makers and it really up to the area that your in. I have sen nice ones go for $100 and then I have seen them sell for $200+ just depends. But I have not sen a badged two spool yet.

Billy

I have seen this machine and it is really nice, so I was really surprised when I opened it up and there was that "can" in place of the bobbin. I will try to get some pictures of it. Good to see you posting, Billy.

Texas Jan

Lostn51 10-06-2011 05:55 PM

Have a question. Has anyone seen or own a Western Electric portable (wooden case) that is an electric two spools machine?? I have a friend wanting to sell one, but have no idea what it is worth. In really nice shape. Who made the 2 spool machines??

Texas Jan

National or Eldredge were the makers and it really up to the area that your in. I have sen nice ones go for $100 and then I have seen them sell for $200+ just depends. But I have not sen a badged two spool yet.

Billy

I have seen this machine and it is really nice, so I was really surprised when I opened it up and there was that "can" in place of the bobbin. I will try to get some pictures of it.

Texas Jan

You know Jan I would almost site unseen give her $100 and would not bat an eye. But all of the parts need to be there especially the can for the bottom spool.

Billy

quiltdoctor 10-06-2011 06:21 PM

Texas Jan

Billy

I have seen this machine and it is really nice, so I was really surprised when I opened it up and there was that "can" in place of the bobbin. I will try to get some pictures of it.

Texas Jan

You know Jan I would almost site unseen give her $100 and would not bat an eye. But all of the parts need to be there especially the can for the bottom spool.

Billy

Wow!! That is good to know. I will try to get some pictures in the next few days. I won't tell her what you said though. I know the can is there, cause I've seen it.

Texas Jan

Fabb 10-06-2011 06:37 PM

Okay, I need some help here. Do I *really* need a third 201-3? Don't enable me, but it is a centennial in a portable case for $50. I'm still trying to put my 411g back together and I'm looking at other machines. I feel like I'm cheating on the ones waiting in line to be cleaned. Not to mention that I'm getting no sewing done. And I still need to go pick up my treadle with a 15-96 in it sometime in the next week.

What is a girl to do? ;)

Lostn51 10-06-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fabb
Okay, I need some help here. Do I *really* need a third 201-3? Don't enable me, but it is a centennial in a portable case for $50. I'm still trying to put my 411g back together and I'm looking at other machines. I feel like I'm cheating on the ones waiting in line to be cleaned. Not to mention that I'm getting no sewing done. And I still need to go pick up my treadle with a 15-96 in it sometime in the next week.

What is a girl to do? ;)

And you really have to ask this question? Get it and dont even think twice about it, I have machines coming in almost weekly (I am fixing to go get 5 more tomorrow) and all I am doing is parking them in the garage for future cleaning.

Billy

Fabb 10-06-2011 06:49 PM

But Billy, you're like the Sewing Machine Whisperer. I think I'd have a stroke if I had 5 machines come in in one day. And that would be after DH kills me. He's at his limit with 16 machines already. Thank goodness he leaves for hunting next week :p.

chris_quilts 10-06-2011 07:15 PM

Okay, I need some help here. Do I *really* need a third 201-3? Don't enable me, but it is a centennial in a portable case for $50. I'm still trying to put my 411g back together and I'm looking at other machines. I feel like I'm cheating on the ones waiting in line to be cleaned. Not to mention that I'm getting no sewing done. And I still need to go pick up my treadle with a 15-96 in it sometime in the next week. What is a girl to do? ;)

GO GET IT!!!!! You're not cheating on them you're adding companions! :mrgreen:

chris_quilts 10-06-2011 07:16 PM

But Billy, you're like the Sewing Machine Whisperer. I think I'd have a stroke if I had 5 machines come in in one day. And that would be after DH kills me. He's at his limit with 16 machines already. Thank goodness he leaves for hunting next week :p.

So hide it in the herd. He will never notice the new one cuz all vintage Singers look alike - according to my children.

Lostn51 10-06-2011 07:19 PM

Hey one of the 5 is a big old Singer industrial 1300-1 with about a 15" throat space on it perfect for some FMQ quilting!!! And the rest are treadles from the 1800's including a W&W #8 that is immaculate with all of the decals!

Billy