Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

irishrose 10-18-2011 06:58 PM

Another beauty, Glen.

Candace, The curve on that Elna table is interesting. Mine is similar, but straight and there are no exposed hinges. It's held up very well for almost 40 years of hard work.

Charlee 10-18-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn

Originally Posted by Charlee

I want to show you guys another of my new ladies. Her name is Little TX Jan.
Glenn

OMG!! A White PEERLESS???? And in SUCH wonderful shape!!

Wow...just wow...

Ok...you can keep Patricia...I want THIS one!!

LOL

Charlee you are such a fickle lady aren't you. :lol:
Glenn

~grin~ Actually, I want them ALL...however since I'm pretty sure I stand a better chance of just ONE... well...

purplefiend 10-18-2011 08:43 PM

Glenn

Wow Glenn! She's just stunning! The decals are wonderful, the box is too.

miriam 10-19-2011 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris

Originally Posted by miriam
Ok so here is the BEAST. I think some paint is in order any suggestions for color or details? Anybody want to adopt?

such a sharp looking machine, I lean towards the matted look than the shinny machines. Truly unique looking, I'd try and repair the original finish. Can that be done? I like her. Think I have 2 with this type of finish, don't find them often.

It isn't as slick as the glossy machines - wouldn't it be better to have slick for FM?

Quilt Mom 10-19-2011 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris

Ok so here is the BEAST. I think some paint is in order any suggestions for color or details? Anybody want to adopt?

such a sharp looking machine, I lean towards the matted look than the shinny machines. Truly unique looking, I'd try and repair the original finish. Can that be done? I like her. Think I have 2 with this type of finish, don't find them often.

It isn't as slick as the glossy machines - wouldn't it be better to have slick for FM?

You could put a silicone sheet on the bed. They are temporary.

Bennett 10-19-2011 05:28 AM

Glenn

I think you had me with the first pic of the case! But then I saw the decals. :-D Wow.

What is the spool pin "felt"? It looks like crochet or tatting, not just a felt disk.

psychonurse 10-19-2011 05:42 AM

She is beautiful.

justtrish 10-19-2011 05:43 AM

Glenn

ohhhhhhhhhh....

BZ quilting 10-19-2011 06:36 AM

How about Patunia? You know a little of both, the wife and flower.

Originally Posted by ThayerRags

...what name should we call my little flower girl 27?
Glenn

How about "Flower Girl"?

CD in Oklahoma

I like Flower Girl and I will consider it. Thanks
Glenn

She's a little old to be called 'flower child' but maybe she was ahead of her time..

mpeters1200 10-19-2011 07:58 AM

I have a question for Glenn.

I know that you really like your 66, but I'm having a heck of a time getting used to her. The VSM shop insisted I buy a zig zag foot for the ideal 1/4 inch. I swear it's wrong. I can't keep a steady 1/4 inch seam and I don't know if I'll ever piece on her. Do you have any hints? I do not want to put tape or other adhesive on her. Scared it'll ruin her beautiful finish.

The other question I have, how can you FMQ on a 66 if you can't drop the feed dogs? Is there a plate that goes over it? The guy I got the machine from insisted that you can just remove the feed dogs, but I'm worried that will cause damage to the machine if I don't put them back in right. What would you suggest?

Thank you. I love looking at the pics of your newest acquisition. You've been such a supporter of the 66's I'd hate to see you start using a different machine. :)