Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Weedwoman 12-02-2011 03:31 PM

It's good to know we can find marbles made in America because there are days when I'm pretty sure I've lost all mine.....

vintagemotif 12-02-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman (Post 4744684)
It's good to know we can find marbles made in America because there are days when I'm pretty sure I've lost all mine.....

LOL heehee I have days like that too!!

Glenn 12-02-2011 04:02 PM

I have still have not found some marbles I lost..... Some of them I hope never find again. LOL

miriam 12-02-2011 04:03 PM

Ask Iris, I'm pretty sure my American made marbles are somewhere on the shop floor in amongst the leaves and trash that blows in under the door....

I'm figuring on spending some more time there tomorrow - I should clean it.... Maybe if I get too frustrated with that 319 needle clamp.... Anybody know how to put a Singer 319 needle clamp back together? So far I know what doesn't work. Holding your mouth right doesn't score that's for sure. If I ever get it back together I will be sure of NEVER taking it apart ever ever ever again. I've got an hour and a half in on it so far. I actually got it to ALL go on backwards once... I know that isn't right. I'm at a stand still on that machine until that gets fixed. Maybe some net sleuthing will come up with something.

mpeters1200 12-02-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 4741796)
I'm thinking you may have a burr on the eye of your needle. Can you try a different needle? Either that or there is a problem with that spool of thread. If it still does it with the new needle then it is most likely the thread. Good luck!

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I am so excited. This is why I love this board. The problem is not with my thread, which makes me happy since it was my first big spool purchase. I changed the needle AGAIN. I had the last one in correctly, but apparently it had a burr thingy in it. Needles were pretty expensive, so I hate losing one right off the bat, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I even did some stitching on the actual quilt and have had great success! WooHoo! I am back in business!

vintagemotif 12-02-2011 04:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Once my latest project is finished, I'll be making some Christmas ornaments that are filled with lavender that I grew and harvested this year. This is what I'm working on, but I keep getting distracted with other ideas for Christmas gifts. The thinner strip on right is what I have done today. Tonight will be the strip that goes on the left. All quilting is done on my Davis NVF.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]292674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292675[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 12-02-2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 (Post 4744878)
DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I am so excited. This is why I love this board. The problem is not with my thread, which makes me happy since it was my first big spool purchase. I changed the needle AGAIN. I had the last one in correctly, but apparently it had a burr thingy in it. Needles were pretty expensive, so I hate losing one right off the bat, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I even did some stitching on the actual quilt and have had great success! WooHoo! I am back in business!

That's good to hear!!! Enjoy your quilting!!

purplefiend 12-02-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by lee231 (Post 4743199)
Checking out local craigslist and found this. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2731573512.html

It would be great fun to wander through those machines. Too bad I'm in Texas

purplefiend 12-02-2011 04:52 PM

mpeters1200,
I'm so glad it was just the needle and that your problem is solved.
Sharon

grayhare 12-02-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4744881)
Once my latest project is finished, I'll be making some Christmas ornaments that are filled with lavender that I grew and harvested this year. This is what I'm working on, but I keep getting distracted with other ideas for Christmas gifts. The thinner strip on right is what I have done today. Tonight will be the strip that goes on the left. All quilting is done on my Davis NVF.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]292674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292675[/ATTACH]

Wow, you will have to post a picture of the finished quilt, I love that purple fabric! We also have to see pictures of your Christmas ornaments.