Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Bennett 02-04-2012 12:37 PM

Mystery machine revealed

3 Attachment(s)
Well, stood outside in the chilly wind today and was the proud owner of the mystery Singer in the blonde cabinet I posted about earlier this week. Here she is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308931[/ATTACH]

Yep, a 319w in green. Drawers packed full, cams, attachments, lots of fun stuff. There were actually 2 Singers there. One was newer (maybe 70s?, not sure). Anyway, I had some disks for the newer one and went over to the bidder that had won it and let them know I put the disks with their machine since I had no use for them. About 5 minutes later, the gentleman approached me and asked if I would like to re-sell the machine. He said he was supposed to have bid on the green one for his niece, who was the daughter of the original owner, but he won the wrong one. Well...geez, what could I do? I don't need it, I have no room for it, and another one will come along some day. Since I didn't have anything else on my ticket, I just let them pay for it.

More goodies I spotted (but didn't buy) were some quilt tops. Loved looking at all the different fabric in the apple core one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308935[/ATTACH]

Bennett 02-04-2012 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and on the apple core quilt, spotted this little gem for Miriam:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308937[/ATTACH]

psychonurse 02-04-2012 12:45 PM

That is very sweet Charlee. I am happy for you.
I went junking today, saw a W & W 8 for $149.50
It had a paper from Isaccs {sp} in the drawer and said it was listed for 150. LOL
a 50 cent price difference.
Did not want to buy it, but I always go to look at machines and tables.

Candace 02-04-2012 12:56 PM

Wow, Bennett, I'm not sure I would have been as nice about it and as generous. But, you're right, another will come along.

Charlee 02-04-2012 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by psychonurse (Post 4942432)
That is very sweet Charlee. I am happy for you.
I went junking today, saw a W & W 8 for $149.50
It had a paper from Isaccs {sp} in the drawer and said it was listed for 150. LOL
a 50 cent price difference.
Did not want to buy it, but I always go to look at machines and tables.

I can't stay away from the machines and tables! LOL!! Gets me in trouble sometimes... Did you happen to notice a date on the invoice?

Charlee 02-04-2012 01:41 PM

Bennett, YOU ROCK!! You have to feel good to have done something so nice for the man and his niece! It's good to know that she'll have her mama's machine... :)

quilt addict 02-04-2012 08:15 PM

Charlee, doing happy dance with you that you get to keep your machines and get the new one.

Bennett that was very nice of you. You know now an even better machine will make its way to you. I would of had a hard time leaving that apple core quilt top.

Janis 02-04-2012 10:30 PM

I just love the Indianapolis duck in the apple core quilt. I'd have gotten that one! It was such a nice thing that you did about that other machine. You sent it home where it would be cherished. Thank you for doing that. It's too bad it wasn't just given to her in the first place without having to go to auction.

miriam 02-05-2012 01:41 AM

I agree, it should have been given to her in the first place. But I'm glad she got the machine. Well over 30 years ago, when my Grandma had her auction, I got nothing at all. Dealers came in and prices were way out there. They put everything Grandma had in the auction to make it fair..... FAIR??? It's probably what they did there too - give all the relatives equal chance to buy what every they want. Makes more $$$ for the auctioneer.

quilt addict 02-05-2012 05:52 AM

Okay, I cleaned up the T&S 758 and oiled and ran her full out for a bit and seem to be running smoothly. But when I put the needle back in, the timing is off. The needle is still down when the bobbin part that rotates goes around and hits it. So not sure if that is something that I can figure out how to fix or if I should just part the machine out or put it on the curb for someone to take.