Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 5013624)
Some day I hope I can dig it out from under the pile.

Miz Johnny, Please just post one photo of this pile! I would love to see what you are hoarding!!!!

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 5013226)
Yep, I know, it's the cost to travel all that way and stay overnight. It's a 6 hour drive for me up there. Thanks for the invite, Cathy!! I'll try to make it to the one later this year.

Janice, I can understand. The price of gas here in town just went up to $4.33; read some places in LA at over $5 already. You will be missed though.

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mom3 (Post 5013476)
Can I join this group?

I should get my "Girls" out some day and take a 'family' photo. I have the following:

Shari

YES! The more the merrier. One or two of those machines has got to be a "guy". You have a nice collection!

Glenn 02-27-2012 02:27 PM

Welcome Shari to the wonky world of Vintage sewing machines. Miriam is right we may be a little crazy but we have fun and learn a lot from these folks

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5013866)
Welcome Shari to the wonky world of Vintage sewing machines. Miriam is right we may be a little crazy but we have fun and learn a lot from these folks

Just be careful, Glenn loves to flash his drawers- cabinet drawers that he built himself. :)

Glenn 02-27-2012 02:40 PM

You ladies are always trying to get me in trouble:D:D:D

Charlee 02-27-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5013888)
just be careful, glenn loves to flash his drawers- cabinet drawers that he built himself. :)

:D:D:D rotflmao!!! :D:D:D

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 02:47 PM

:D I just had to!!!!! Your drawers are gorgeous!!!!

Glenn 02-27-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5013918)
:D I just had to!!!!! Your drawers are gorgeous!!!!

I am so glad you like my drawers.:D

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 03:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the machine that I cleaned up this weekend. It still could use a bit more cleaning, but the goal was to get her cleaned up enough to move it out of the garage. It's a National, called The Eldredge. I think this is National's first in line of "The Eldredge" series- but I could be wrong. Spent hours looking for another machine and cabinet like this on the internet, only to find one person. Found one person with "The Eldredge", but it looked to be the next in line. At first I thought this machine was made around 1890, but when cleaning up the cabinet top there was a stamp in the wood with 1901. I love the treadle irons on this machine the most. I'm not in love with the machine and the poor cabinet needs help. Wish this machine found Glenn instead of me. He would have this cabinet looking gorgeous! The cool part of the machine is the long section (neck) isn't round, but a hexagon shape. I haven't sewn with it. I rescued this machine; I think the previous owner messed up the decals. I don't know what I'm going to do with this machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315960[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]315961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]315962[/ATTACH]