Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 07-14-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5363096)
I have an Eldridge two spools with a rolled up manual. I would be afraid to iron it for fear it would crumble...

Miriam don't do anything to the manual until I get there. We may have to steam it when I come to see you and Phil
Skip

miriam 07-14-2012 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5364736)
Miriam don't do anything to the manual until I get there. We may have to steam it when I come to see you and Phil
Skip

I stuck it in a zip bag so it won't get any more damage - I hope that doesn't hurt it. Phil says you won't come out for air for a few days when you get to see all those machines... My sister had too much fun when she came up from Arizona. I need to spend a day in there putting junk away. It is driving me crazy. I keep getting extra work from both jobs. With Phil not working for pay, I can't turn them down.

wesing 07-14-2012 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5362540)
you're just a drive away. c'mon up. i will be in jackson tn next weekend, i can bring it with me. am i helping to enable you yet?

Thanks for the offer, but even that would be about a 14 hour round trip drive. I'll keep watching for a gem closer to home.
Darren

Charlee 07-14-2012 07:58 PM

Morse report: Haven't had time to go to a sewing machine place to get a new belt for the blue Morse, so tonite, while we were out, we stopped at the auto parts store. They had a package of 3 narrow belts for $120. Works like a charm with 2 spares!! :D

The machine runs nicely, and after a couple of knocks in the beginning, is quiet as a mouse. Nice stitches. The only issue that I'm finding is that if the knurled nut isn't tight against the machine (stitch lever) the lever will fall while stitching. I can live with that until I figure out how to fix it! :)

miriam 07-15-2012 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5365411)
Morse report: Haven't had time to go to a sewing machine place to get a new belt for the blue Morse, so tonite, while we were out, we stopped at the auto parts store. They had a package of 3 narrow belts for $120. Works like a charm with 2 spares!! :D

The machine runs nicely, and after a couple of knocks in the beginning, is quiet as a mouse. Nice stitches. The only issue that I'm finding is that if the knurled nut isn't tight against the machine (stitch lever) the lever will fall while stitching. I can live with that until I figure out how to fix it! :)

$1.20 or $120?

J Miller 07-15-2012 05:20 AM

Or maybe $12.00????????

Joe

grannysewer 07-15-2012 05:40 AM

I just got gifted 3 more machines! One was for my bday by my DD and her husband. Its a '57 chevy-looking clone in turquoise and white. The other 2 were given just to get rid of and are probably not going to stay around here long. One was a touch and sew in a cabinet, and the other a kenmore in a cabinet that fell apart. Maybe next time it will be nice Singer.

grannysewer 07-15-2012 05:43 AM

And Joe, I just saw a denim quilt made in circles. Made me think of you and your quilt.

Charlee 07-15-2012 05:50 AM

Oops!! :D $1.20....a dollar and twenty cents....

I need to learn to proof read!!

Charlee 07-15-2012 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by grannysewer (Post 5366174)
I just got gifted 3 more machines! One was for my bday by my DD and her husband. Its a '57 chevy-looking clone in turquoise and white. The other 2 were given just to get rid of and are probably not going to stay around here long. One was a touch and sew in a cabinet, and the other a kenmore in a cabinet that fell apart. Maybe next time it will be nice Singer.

Happy Birthday Grannysewer! Congrats on the machines! :)