Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Candace 07-22-2012 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5386297)
Is this the one I saw on CL for the Sacramento area for $20???? I almost called on that one, but didn't know how I'd get it home... ~sigh~

Yup! There was no phone # to call them though. Just via e-mail. I guess I was the first to respond.

BoJangles 07-22-2012 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5386308)
Yup! There was no phone # to call them though. Just via e-mail. I guess I was the first to respond.

Yippppeeeeee Candace! What fun! Great machines! Sometimes one of us just gets very lucky! I can just see the smile on your face - those two make up for the problems you are having with the Pfaff - that needed help!

Wow look at all the goodies you got and look at how clean those machines are! Wow and Wow again!
Nancy

BoJangles 07-22-2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5386257)
shoe polish doesn't come off- you have to put it on with a brush and then buff it with a brush, just like you do for shoes. The W and G looks lovely! Laura

Well shoe polish is not suppose to come off when put on properly, but when I was on the Ladies Mounted Drill team we had the bright idea to use shoe polish to shine up our black saddles - well, we rode with white pants! You can guess the outcome!

Nancy

Charlee 07-22-2012 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5386308)

Well...I have to say..If *I* couldn't have it, I'm glad you got it!! :) That Viking is nice too!

Bennett 07-22-2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5386106)
And here's my score for the day for only a few bucks. A Bernina 830 Record! Original case, table, tools, feet, bobbins, and knee lever. Unfortunately no foot pedal. But hey, do you think I was going to hesitate.....no!!! They aren't cheap to replace but to have a machine in this condition is a find. I lubed, oiled and checked out the machine. It looks almost pristine inside and everything seems to be in working order. I'm thrilled!! I bought both machines from the same folks and like I said before paid less than lunch for both of them. Pinch me!

Snazzy finds! They both look very clean. I like the rainbow of stitches on the Viking.

Janis 07-22-2012 08:53 PM

Miriam and Nancy, thanks for the info on the Singer 401s. I have read the instruction book and now know how, maybe to use the machine. I think I'll like it a lot better than I first thought. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't another black Singer, but now the tan color of it is growing on me. Especially after I cleaned it, oiled it and cleaned the outside with the good old machine oil. It now shines! Now to look for the other feet and cams it could have with it..... the hunt is on. I knew that I had some other attachments that weren't low shank and looked at them today. Unfortunately they are long shank.

Janis 07-22-2012 08:54 PM

Candace, You scored BIG today!!! Congrats!

Candace 07-22-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5386330)
Yippppeeeeee Candace! What fun! Great machines! Sometimes one of us just gets very lucky! I can just see the smile on your face - those two make up for the problems you are having with the Pfaff - that needed help!

Wow look at all the goodies you got and look at how clean those machines are! Wow and Wow again!
Nancy

Yes, and I'm hoping my friend has a 2 prong foot control as she's lending it to me tomorrow night. I guess some are 2 prong and some are three. Of course I have the more expensive one to replace... I'm still pinching myself. I do need to find an original 1/4" foot for the machine. And the magnifying lens holder is missing the lens, so I'm on the look out for that too. It never ends, does it? We are always hunting for parts!!

Candace 07-22-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Janis (Post 5386407)
Candace, You scored BIG today!!! Congrats!

Thanks, Janis. I'm so excited!

vintagemotif 07-22-2012 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5386106)
And here's my score for the day for only a few bucks. A Bernina 830 Record! Original case, table, tools, feet, bobbins, and knee lever. Unfortunately no foot pedal. But hey, do you think I was going to hesitate.....no!!! They aren't cheap to replace but to have a machine in this condition is a find. I lubed, oiled and checked out the machine. It looks almost pristine inside and everything seems to be in working order. I'm thrilled!! I bought both machines from the same folks and like I said before paid less than lunch for both of them. Pinch me!

Now that's an EXCELLENT find!!! A Bernina 830 for just a few bucks along with a Viking!! Congrats!!