Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quiltingweb 08-31-2012 02:18 PM

That Sewmore looks an awful lot like my New Home....

Candace 08-31-2012 02:19 PM

I've had a couple of those tables Joe, and they're very nice. Just a heads up, the veneer on them is very thin. So, if you're going to strip and sand it, be prepared to lose the veneer in a few places. They're not solid wood surfaced, unfortunately.

J Miller 08-31-2012 02:23 PM

Candace,

Thanks for the heads up. I will be very gentle when I get to it. I'm going to try to use a no sand type stripper.
So maybe I can keep it to a minimum.

Joe

pumpkinpatchquilter 08-31-2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5481710)
Come on over...

Oh how I would love to! Especially after being home with three kiddos for the past 9 years...a day weaving my way around mystery sewing machines and sewing machine paraphanelia is the kind of vacaton a girl like me dreams about. Wish you were a few states closer. ;)

Janis 08-31-2012 09:19 PM

Joe, thanks for showing your pictures of your trip to Indy. I like to take pictures on the road, so it seems so good to find someone else that does it too. A lot of my pictures are of north west of Indy on the way to Chicago. I am intrigued with the wind turbines north of Lafayette. I call them 'my windmills.' It sounds like you had a great time shopping with Miriam and also in her shop. Too bad she won't let you show pictures of it too.

miriam 09-01-2012 02:04 AM

So Janis when are you coming?

Charlee 09-01-2012 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter (Post 5482551)
Oh how I would love to! Especially after being home with three kiddos for the past 9 years...a day weaving my way around mystery sewing machines and sewing machine paraphanelia is the kind of vacaton a girl like me dreams about. Wish you were a few states closer. ;)

:) Miriam's right next door to you in Indiana... I'd have been there by now, kids in tow! :D :D :D

miriam 09-01-2012 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5482945)
:) Miriam's right next door to you in Indiana... I'd have been there by now, kids in tow! :D :D :D

NE Ohio is a bit of a trip with kids in tow. I do have a big fenced yard though... Keeps the GKs out of the neat freak old lady neighbor's yard.

pumpkinpatchquilter 09-01-2012 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5483045)
NE Ohio is a bit of a trip with kids in tow. I do have a big fenced yard though... Keeps the GKs out of the neat freak old lady neighbor's yard.

Hahaha...a trip to the grocery store is a bit of a trip with three kids in tow. ;) Believe it or not I do know my geography...although you wouldn't know it from the way I type here. Sheesh. LOL*** I should say, I wish you were a few CITIES closer! ;) Once my youngest (16 months) is a little bit bigger I can leave her with Daddy for a short trip. Before she was born I was able to go on a four day quilt retreat...oh that was so much fun...time flies it won't be long. :)

pumpkinpatchquilter 09-01-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5482945)

I bet you would!!! Hahahaha :) I would too if I were working. I'm home now until the youngest gets into school, so unfortunately at the moment I'm at the mercy of a budget and gas prices are outrageous. Pooh. :(