Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Caroline S 04-06-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5981025)
Steve,

Here's a purty one: { http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=12887365 }
It needs a case or cabinet and a motor or what ever you want to fit it with, but it's got reverse and fancy decals.

Joe

That one is one of the Chinese made clones of a Singer 15 Sphinx.

grant15clone 04-06-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5981796)
That one is one of the Chinese made clones of a Singer 15 Sphinx.

Thank you Caroline! I was looking and looking at those pictures and thought it was a clone. The Singer badge is replaced by what looks to be a decal. It didn't seem right to me. Thank you for clearing that up. And the tension looked like a clone. And the feed dog drop knob looked like it was plastic. Do you know when these were made?
~G~

J Miller 04-06-2013 07:54 AM

Maybe Chinese, maybe Indian. But badge or no it's still a Singer. It's just made elsewhere just like all the rest of their offerings.
Were it not for the shipping I'd go for it.

Joe

reggiedog 04-06-2013 08:08 AM

does any one have a manual that has where it tells u how to time a old new home sewing machine model cz

grant15clone 04-06-2013 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by reggiedog (Post 5981995)
does any one have a manual that has where it tells u how to time a old new home sewing machine model cz

I do not, but that machine goes by other names as well. It is German built and it is a fantastic machine. It is also know as, Anker RZ, Free Westinghouse CZ, and perhaps more. You may be able to find a repair manual for one of the other names it goes by. I hope this can help you.
~Grant~

frudemoo 04-06-2013 04:33 PM

Does anyone know how to replace the cover plate on a Singer "Stylist" Model 498? I was lucky enough to inherit this fabulous looking free arm machine from ManicMike to play with..... but in my enthusiasm I pulled a little bit too hard and the plate came off and I can't see how it re-attaches.

miriam 04-06-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by reggiedog (Post 5981995)

What makes you think it is a timing problem?

miriam 04-06-2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo (Post 5982789)
Does anyone know how to replace the cover plate on a Singer "Stylist" Model 498? I was lucky enough to inherit this fabulous looking free arm machine from ManicMike to play with..... but in my enthusiasm I pulled a little bit too hard and the plate came off and I can't see how it re-attaches.

If it is the bobbin cover you start at the back and go forward onto the clips. Some times you need a screwdriver to raise the spring/clips to go into the channels of the cover.

chris_quilts 04-06-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5981416)
Wow Chris, THANK YOU!!! If my honey ever tells me again that I have too many machines, I will show her this.:D Seriously, that is an amazing collection. I saw a lot of machines there that I have not even seen before. She had it set up very well and displayed like a museum. That Tourist is quite interesting.
~G~

Grant, I thought the same thing about complaints from my children. I keep telling them they're whining about their inheritance. <insert rolling eyes here> That typically leads to more whining.:D

nurseknitsLaura 04-06-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5975785)
Not Fiddlebase. I should have clarified.

Yes, 15,66,201, etc.

Not opposed to it but she see's machines like my new home with amazing artwork and wants one like that but also wants reverse/backtack.

I do have an old 66 that is thrashed and I could re-do it and add the $80 red-eye decal set but.....

Right now I am looking at 99/99K's as my best bet...

I would like to find a collector who has one and wants an older singer handcrank or my Blue SewMor, or something like that in my "trade-able" portion.

The water slide decals sold for china ( ceramic) work on machines. (auction site) You just have to clear coat or shellac over them and they come in hundreds of designs for cheep. I put poppies on a machine that I badged the Californian. Laura