Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Crossstitcher 12-31-2013 07:06 AM

We hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas and wishing all our new friends a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wonder how many machines will be saved this new year?
David and Trish

chris_quilts 12-31-2013 12:50 PM

Happy New Year to everyone!! May your stitches be even and your seams straight. :D

snow 12-31-2013 04:49 PM

I could not get the tenson right on my 221 FW and told it to a sewing repair man to look it over and I felt so dumb I had the needle in backward he said and the belt was loose. I played all day with it tryi ng to get the tension right. o well learnt something again he said I have a nice little machine and now i just love it.:thumbup:

miriam 01-01-2014 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by snow (Post 6484639)
I could not get the tenson right on my 221 FW and told it to a sewing repair man to look it over and I felt so dumb I had the needle in backward he said and the belt was loose. I played all day with it tryi ng to get the tension right. o well learnt something again he said I have a nice little machine and now i just love it.:thumbup:

I have had a needle in backwards before, too. You can really tear your hair out.

vmaniqui 01-01-2014 01:57 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone, also. may we all get more sewing machines this year and this coming years !!!

Miz Johnny 01-01-2014 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year, everyone! I haven't been on for a very long time. Just too many things going on in my life to keep up. Hope everyone here is having a good time with their new toys. Despite the fact that I already have too many machines in my life, I bought myself a Christmas Treadle, a 3/4 Singer that holds a drop-in case. Needs work, but had to have it!

nanna-up-north 01-01-2014 07:21 AM

What a pretty little machine, Miz Johnny. I do love the simple treadles. I'm sure you'll have her spiffed up in no time.... and welcome back.

Glenn 01-01-2014 07:37 AM

Well Hi Johnny, Happy New Year. Very nice machine and like you bought myself two Christmas presents a Howe treadle and Singer 12 HC with wonderful decals. I will not tell you what Pat said about this LOL
Skip

Miz Johnny 01-01-2014 09:27 AM

I am pretty sure I already know what Pat said. My husband is less than enthusiastic about my latest purchase as well--especially since I need to bring home the last of my storage unit treasures--an industrial treadle base for a way cool Singer that is now languishing away in the garage. Don't know where I'll put it, but it has to go somewhere!

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6485637)
Well Hi Johnny, Happy New Year. Very nice machine and like you bought myself two Christmas presents a Howe treadle and Singer 12 HC with wonderful decals. I will not tell you what Pat said about this LOL
Skip

ukdame 01-01-2014 07:45 PM

New Year toy- I want one too.

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6485512)
Happy New Year, everyone! I haven't been on for a very long time. Just too many things going on in my life to keep up. Hope everyone here is having a good time with their new toys. Despite the fact that I already have too many machines in my life, I bought myself a Christmas Treadle, a 3/4 Singer that holds a drop-in case. Needs work, but had to have it!

I love it. Maybe a 99 Centenial? I am trying to educate myself on vintage Singers lately so I will know when I see the perfect one for me. I would like a hand crank that I could maybe teach
young granddaughter to sew on. I learned on one of these in the late 50s.