Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Charlee 09-22-2012 09:12 PM

Thanks Everyone for the good wishes.... I really do feel better already, (still a bit tired, but not bad!) and since I have more quilts to make and machines to use, I'm not ready to "check out" yet!! :)

The spousal unit is working on that "new" Redeye that he brought home...the guy he got it from had the lid and dropped it off the other day! :D YAY!!

irishrose 09-22-2012 09:37 PM

What a cute paint job on the California machine! I love those flowers and the orange color.

The 404 is very dirty so it'll be a day a day or so until I can see if she's "Singer's finest straight machine". As a 301 fan, I have my doubts and I'm sure 201 fans feel the same way.

blueheavenfla 09-22-2012 11:46 PM

Those sure look like a Poppy field on that darling machine. How appropriate for a Californian (owner and machine).
Please educate this old lady....what is a TOGA (presumably not the same type party as in my day)?

miriam 09-23-2012 04:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm going to try again to post the pic of the GKs working in my shop...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364817[/ATTACH]
what an attitude, Miss L!!!
Then the Wilbur climbed up there and grabbed a Qtip to 'help'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364818[/ATTACH]
I couldn't get the pics to load the other day.
As soon as I got the pics shot I had to move them so they wouldn't fall off.
They all love my shop and fight over who gets to 'help'

I better look inside that machine to see if there are any Qtips hiding...

jlhmnj 09-23-2012 05:03 AM

That's adorable.

Caroline S 09-23-2012 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5534147)
Hey Folks- here's a machine I picked up on the way home from TOGA. Isn't it cute? It looks like the motor caught fire, because there is a scorch where the motor mount was. But, with the motor gone, you can see the "made in occupied Japan" label. Fun, huh? Laura [ATTACH=CONFIG]364749[/ATTACH]

I am "hip deep" in Japanese clones, but if I had seen this one I would have taken her home also. And she is a hand crank now, awesome! What is the JA number? It would be interesting to know what factory made her.

vintagemotif 09-23-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5534490)
I'm going to try again to post the pic of the GKs working in my shop...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364817[/ATTACH]
what an attitude, Miss L!!!
Then the Wilbur climbed up there and grabbed a Qtip to 'help'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364818[/ATTACH]
I couldn't get the pics to load the other day.
As soon as I got the pics shot I had to move them so they wouldn't fall off.
They all love my shop and fight over who gets to 'help'

I better look inside that machine to see if there are any Qtips hiding...

Miriam, Cute kids! They looks like they are having a blast!

miriam 09-23-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5535229)
miriam, cute kids! They looks like they are having a blast!

oh they were...

nurseknitsLaura 09-23-2012 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5534879)
I am "hip deep" in Japanese clones, but if I had seen this one I would have taken her home also. And she is a hand crank now, awesome! What is the JA number? It would be interesting to know what factory made her.

OK, now I'm feeling guilty and I've had my fun!:o I "badged" the machine and put the deacls on. Then I used Skipper's method of french polish to seal it all in. The made in Japan I didn't make up. When I saw it with no name at all, I sort of.....FAKED IT! :confused:Laura

Caroline S 09-23-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5535291)
OK, now I'm feeling guilty and I've had my fun!:o I "badged" the machine and put the deacls on. Then I used Skipper's method of french polish to seal it all in. The made in Japan I didn't make up. When I saw it with no name at all, I sort of.....FAKED IT! :confused:Laura

Now that you have had your fun:D, how did you do it? An interested California born girl wants to know.:thumbup:

I think it is a work of art and worthy of duplication. Not that I don't have enough projects going on, LOL