Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 04-01-2012 02:19 PM

My daughter is up and around today:thumbup: YEAH!!!! And my second job fell apart:thumbup: YEAH!!!! And my son came over and wanted to do some sewing:thumbup:

quiltdoctor 04-01-2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5108051)
Jan, Your cabinet is gorgeous! You did an excellent job! Prayers for your husband; may he be feeling much better soon.

Hopefully I get the new shellac back on it in good order. thanks for the good wishes.

Texas Jan

quiltdoctor 04-01-2012 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5108082)
"Innocent" my foot!! :D :D :D

(*I* would be the innocent one!!)

Charlee, you and I will never the the "innocent" ones. lol
Thanks for the prayers though, sincerely.

Texas Jan

Charlee 04-01-2012 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5108415)
Charlee, you and I will never the the "innocent" ones. lol
Thanks for the prayers though, sincerely.

Texas Jan

Shhhhhhhhh!! I'm trying to convince everyone!! :D (Where's that smilie with the halo??? )

quiltdoctor 04-01-2012 02:59 PM

Skip said to add this to your list---

When you are using denatured alcohol, you need to use gloves to keep the alcohol from drying your fingers out and ruining fingernail polish if you are wearing any.

Texas Jan

Glenn 04-01-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 5106960)
Thanks Skip! Okay, just because I am a organizational fanatic, and because I haven't had my coffee yet so I'm a little slow, are the following instructions correct?

1. Gather naptha, linseed oil, denatured alcohol, and shellac.
2. Clean machine with soap and water.
3. Wipe machine down with naptha to remove old oil.
4. Dip finger covered in rag in denatured alcohol, then add 2-3 drops of linseed oil. Swipe finger over machine, gently blending old, brown, gunky finish with good finish until smooth and clear. Do not rub! Continue motions off the edge of the machine to avoid sticking.
5. Insert instructions here for applying shellac?

I write a ton of instruction guides for my work, so I start to panic if things aren't in a nice numbered format. XD Did I get it right?

You did great, I will post instructions and you can organize them. I have 40 + years doing this but as you can see I am not much of an instructor. I will take all the help I can get. Thanks Skip

quiltdoctor 04-01-2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5108453)
You did great, I will post instructions and you can organize them. I have 40 + years doing this but as you can see I am not much of an instructor. I will take all the help I can get. Thanks Skip

Just add Alcohol resistant gloves to your list.

Texas Jan

Glenn 04-01-2012 03:10 PM

Hay Fiesty and Jan you will never be innocent but that is what makes you my favorite people. Jan I am thinking of Dick always and hoping for the best and Charlee----You behave:D

Glenn 04-01-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5108472)
Hay Fiesty and Jan you will never be innocent but that is what makes you my favorite people. Jan I am thinking of Dick always and hoping for the best and Charlee----You behave:D

Of course Miriam and Phil stole Pat and my heart when they came to visit. Such great people

quiltdoctor 04-01-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5108472)

Thanks Glen. We're working on getting him better.

Jan