Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 01-05-2014 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6492938)
It will be a very nice machine. Being that it is electric and if I get the bobbin fixed and sewing good you can have it back. However it will tradle in my standard treadle cabinet so I will have to think about it LOL. I have not started to clean it yet still studying the thing to see what it needs. Does not need much to sew but needs a lot to make it pretty again. You will see it when you come.

Was it well used? Some times those are the best once you take care of the messes people made trying to 'fix' them. I thought about keeping it for the traveling sewing machine show for kidos. I'm not sure that one would HC so I figured you would like it. What needles does it take?

Glenn 01-05-2014 06:15 AM

Miriam, yes I do like it a lot and not a good one for a HC. It has been used a lot and must have been a good one. It takes a 15X1 needle. When I get it all cleaned and the bobbin case repaired I will but it in the standard treadle I have and will give it a good work out. I will not have time to do it before you get here thou. Just to much to do and you know how that goes LOL

miriam 01-05-2014 08:39 AM

I love seeing old machines that have been used a lot. Usually they are very nice to sew on. It should be cool to see what you do with it.

Glenn 01-05-2014 01:33 PM

I find that old machines that Have been used a lot or the best and still have a lot of nice stitcheing left in them. They may look like crap from being used all the time but this is okay with me. It just means it is a very good machine.

BoJangles 01-06-2014 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6485512)
Happy New Year, everyone! I haven't been on for a very long time. Just too many things going on in my life to keep up. Hope everyone here is having a good time with their new toys. Despite the fact that I already have too many machines in my life, I bought myself a Christmas Treadle, a 3/4 Singer that holds a drop-in case. Needs work, but had to have it!

Wow, Miz Johnny beautiful machine! Treadle and a crank! Is that a 28? It looks like my 28 with Victorian decals! I couldn't have passed that one up either!

Nancy

jpete523 01-06-2014 09:49 AM

I need help, please. I have a 1966 vintage Singer cabinet that is missing the front filler piece, apron, or whatever it's called. It's the piece that supports the machine when it's upright. I'm looking for the hinges that support this piece. Would anyone happen to have them? I know we sometimes have to trash a cabinet but keep the good bits just in case. Thank you for your help.

Happy New Year!
Jan

vmaniqui 01-06-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by jpete523 (Post 6496608)
I need help, please. I have a 1966 vintage Singer cabinet that is missing the front filler piece, apron, or whatever it's called. It's the piece that supports the machine when it's upright. I'm looking for the hinges that support this piece. Would anyone happen to have them? I know we sometimes have to trash a cabinet but keep the good bits just in case. Thank you for your help.

Happy New Year!
Jan

check this listing ON EBAYYY as it might have the parts you need. i didn't scan the pic.

Miz Johnny 01-06-2014 05:13 PM

It's a 28. Petty cool, but needs a little work--spacers between irons and top--but hopefully will get done eventually. I also brought home my industrial irons (Finally emptied out my storage unit!!), so hope to have my Big Treadle up and working soon.

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 6496099)
Wow, Miz Johnny beautiful machine! Treadle and a crank! Is that a 28? It looks like my 28 with Victorian decals! I couldn't have passed that one up either!

Nancy

Monroe 01-07-2014 07:30 AM

Can you post pics? There are many different styles of cabinet and it will help narrow the search. I'm sure someone will have a lead for you.

Originally Posted by jpete523 (Post 6496608)

Happy New Year!
Jan

jpete523 01-07-2014 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm sorry, I admit my original post was vague. I'll try to post pictures of what I mean. The first picture is the cabinet which originally housed a Touch & Sew. The second photo is intended to demonstrate the piece I need the hinges for. Or maybe they'd be called brackets? They support the front piece, which is about 4" x 16"' and the front edge of a sewing machine sits on this piece when it's raised out of the cabinet. Thank you so much for all the help.

Jan

edit:trying to reduce photo size and add second photo.