Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 09-21-2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I do that in my studio with my central treadle, but I can even run an industrial in it if I want. The table top is 36x140 and I have wooden plates that I made to fit the central opening and then there is a hole cut out to fit various machines that I have and use in my studio.

Billy

This is a beautiful set up. I'm jealous. What did you use for your table top?

vintagemotif 09-21-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I do that in my studio with my central treadle, but I can even run an industrial in it if I want. The table top is 36x140 and I have wooden plates that I made to fit the central opening and then there is a hole cut out to fit various machines that I have and use in my studio.

Billy

This is a beautiful set up. I'm jealous. What did you use for your table top?

I agree that is a beautiful set up, nice large counter for work space.

ladyredhawk 09-21-2010 07:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty B. I just came across this machine and can't find any information about it. It is a Majestic, reg.#267.864, serial # 71213, Model # SSA-10. I am going to try to send some pics. It is made in Japan. I need a manual if you know where i can get one I have been looking for one for two days on the internet. ty for looking. Tommye

Annaquilts 09-21-2010 08:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Posting some pictures of the machines. And yes that is a rubber band from the brocolli instead of a sewing machine belt that my husband used to make the pink machine go.

Elna attachments and cams. The metal case makes a sewing table that you set the machine in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111929[/ATTACH]

cams for the pink Miss
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111930[/ATTACH]

green Elna circa 1950
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112019[/ATTACH]

Broadway Deluxe zig zag I think Japanese made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112020[/ATTACH]

nice 1950 look
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112021[/ATTACH]

Singer 301A The cabinet is from another 301 we bought a couple of months ago.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112171[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 09-22-2010 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Posting some pictures of the machines. And yes that is a rubber band from the brocolli instead of a sewing machine belt that my husband used to make the pink machine go.

Like your machines. Why aren't some of them not in that fantastic sewing studio of yours? Love the look of the pink one, and I'm not a fan of pink.
That pink one would look great sitting on top of the darker dresser in a beautiful wooden box with a quilted runner under it.

quilt addict 09-22-2010 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts

Anna, you and DH have really gotten the bug. Nice machines. :thumbup:

Annaquilts 09-22-2010 06:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[/quote]

Like your machines. Why aren't some of them not in that fantastic sewing studio of yours? Love the look of the pink one, and I'm not a fan of pink.
That pink one would look great sitting on top of the darker dresser in a beautiful wooden box with a quilted runner under it.[/quote]

They are now, with the exception of Pinky (needs more work), but when I took the other picture of the studio I had only the Feather Weight. DH bought that before I quilted. These pictures that I posted above are from machines purchased the last couple of days. I put machines on top of the two dressers. I never thought of the space above the tall cabinet. Thanks!

Down stairs taking over the living room are three machines in cabinets Singer 301A , Red Eye Treadle and Singer 15 electric. I like to have a set up down there plus I encourage my kids to use them too.

DH fixed this cabinet and machine and it is in the living room too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113846[/ATTACH]

Red Eye treadle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114095[/ATTACH]

Singer 15
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114096[/ATTACH]

sandybeach 09-22-2010 07:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Was hoping you could give me some information on this machine. Picked it up at a yard sale Friday for $25.00.

Here is the number on the underside as best as I could make it out: K71 01225

And on the plate it reads:
Guaranteed
BELL Electric
Universal Motor
FORWARD
Volts 110-115 Cycles 25-75 & D.C. AMPS .8 (or .9)
1/15 H.P.
Los Angeles, CA

On the other plate it reads:
Made in Japan
DELUXE
Sewing Machine.

Am going to take it to the local repair person and have him go over it with a fine tooth comb. It, at least, needs a new cord as the old one is taped together.

BoJangles 09-22-2010 07:35 AM

Golly Gee I love all the pictures!

Billy, that studio is so nice, but where do you keep all the rest of your machines?

Nancy

vintagemotif 09-22-2010 08:18 AM

That pink one would look great sitting on top of the darker dresser in a beautiful wooden box with a quilted runner under it.[/quote]

They are now, with the exception of Pinky (needs more work), but when I took the other picture of the studio I had only the Feather Weight. DH bought that before I quilted. These pictures that I posted above are from machines purchased the last couple of days. I put machines on top of the two dressers. I never thought of the space above the tall cabinet. Thanks!

Down stairs taking over the living room are three machines in cabinets Singer 301A , Red Eye Treadle and Singer 15 electric. I like to have a set up down there plus I encourage my kids to use them too.[/quote]

I love your Red Eye, and your 301 cabinet. Is the 301 cabinet the "retro"? I didn't know that it had all that storage to it. Great cabinet for the electric vintage machines. I would hid a box of chocolates in one of those drawers. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your studio.