Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Boopers 09-23-2010 09:49 AM

My avatar is my old Singer model 128 converted to a hand-crank. I works great. My Dad bought the machine new for my mom about 1955. It has been in storage for 30 years.

Deara 09-23-2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Boopers
My avatar is my old Singer model 128 converted to a hand-crank. I works great. My Dad bought the machine new for my mom about 1955. It has been in storage for 30 years.

Godzilla finish with blackside plates, etc?
Awesome looking machine.
Great year too, my birth year.
Blessings,
Sandi

Boopers 09-23-2010 10:07 AM

The machine was commissioned in 1952. I had it converted to a h-c.

vintagemotif 09-23-2010 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Boopers

Like your avatar. You should change your name to Godzilla to match.

purplefiend 09-23-2010 11:07 AM

Deara,
You have a very cute cat sewing attachment in
your avatar. :lol:

Deara 09-23-2010 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Deara,
You have a very cute cat sewing attachment in
your avatar. :lol:

Thank you so much. Black Foot and his brother Tigger loved spending time in the sewing room. Sometimes it made it hard to do any sewing as you can see in the pic. lol

BoJangles 09-23-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
For me it is important to have it running even if I do not sew on it much which I think will be the case with this machine. Ofcourse its sewing capability might improve if it gets a real belt versus the broccoli rubber band it sports now. ~smile~

Annaquilts I totally agree with you! It is very important to me that all my machines work and have all their parts attached! Even if I am not planning on using a machine, I want them all in good working order, that includes being clean and oiled up!

I'd get a real belt for the poor thing!

Nancy

redpurselady 09-23-2010 11:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. When we took her out of the box, I found this part on the floor. Is it part of the machine - please say it isn't necessary for it to function because I have no idea where it would go. As a matter of fact, I have no experience whatsoever with treadles so I will be doing quite a bit of research on them. Any suggestions as to what to read or where to find information?

Singer 27, May 25, 1905
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101096[/ATTACH]

loose part
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101097[/ATTACH]

Miz Johnny 09-23-2010 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. When we took her out of the box, I found this part on the floor. Is it part of the machine - please say it isn't necessary for it to function because I have no idea where it would go. As a matter of fact, I have no experience whatsoever with treadles so I will be doing quite a bit of research on them. Any suggestions as to what to read or where to find information?

Lots of times people stick left over "bits and parts" in SM drawers. This doesn't look familiar to me, so stick it back in a drawer and start sewing!!

BoJangles 09-23-2010 12:27 PM

[quote=redpurselady]I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. /quote]

Very nice Sphinx Model 27 (I think). I have that exact same cabinet with a Singer 9W in it. I also have the Sphinx, but mine is a Model 127!

Your machine and cabinet look to be a great shape. Lucky you!

Nancy