Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

sewbeadit 01-23-2016 04:29 PM

Okay purplefiend, where are the pics, got to see your machines.

Monopas, sorry you haven't been doing well. I too need to drink a lot of water because of my kidneys. No fun, I like water but feel like I am swimming some times.

Cari, I completely missed that machine was a hand crank, I should look closer next time, I loved the color and the great condition it looked to be in. Would have really liked it with the HC. Funny, I should pay more attention.hehe Glad you got it at least I can see it at the next get together we are going to have soooooooon, when people can come.

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 7442356)
I bought 2 Berninas today at my local Bernina dealer. An 817 for $89 and an 818 for $99. Both are in good condition and sew very nicely. I am teaching two young women to sew and wanted them to experience what a good machine is like. They were going to buy Wally world machines, said no don't do that.
Sharon in Texas

Annie from Edison 02-05-2016 06:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm still learning the navigation here so this is really a repeat. . .

I'm guessing the date 1920? This is as found- still need to clean it so I can try it out. Came in a wooded box and an old candy box with with metal oil can- very cool looking- and several WG needles! Will be on the look out for attachments. . . [ATTACH=CONFIG]541973[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541975[/ATTACH]
serial Number: A657811

sewbeadit 02-06-2016 05:28 PM

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful, thank you for sharing.

jacie 02-06-2016 06:23 PM

was given a Standard says made in Japan H74176 that is all the info, I hhave, can someone direcgt me further for identificagtion> it is in near perfect condition. thank you all for posting this wonderful site.

grant15clone 02-07-2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by jacie (Post 7458352)
was given a Standard says made in Japan H74176 that is all the info, I hhave, can someone direcgt me further for identificagtion> it is in near perfect condition. thank you all for posting this wonderful site.

Can you post a couple of pix of the machine, front, back and bottom? That would help a lot. Standard is a generic name that was put on many machines throughout the years. A picture really helps a lot.
~Grant~

Sammie1 02-07-2016 08:22 PM

6 Attachment(s)
From what I'm learning, this is a pretty rare 201-2 because it's a blackside.
From 1941, model # AF792970, in its original no 42 cabinet and with all of its attachments (many of which are also blackside) and button holer. I restored both machine and the cabinet.
It was completely stuck when I got it. Couldn't turn it over with the hand wheel and the motor wasn't working. The previous owner hadn't even looked at in the last 30 years.

Today it just finished it's first project in a very long time. It seemed very happy to be working again. :o I'm very proud of it.

After it's first initial cleaning which shows one of its black pieces, the black scrolled head plate (peaking out just a little is the blackside presser foot lever and you can also see the blackside thumb screw for the needle):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542210[/ATTACH]

Machine cleaned up and running again:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542211[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542212[/ATTACH]

(Some more blackside pieces in view-the black bed mounted spool pin and the black spool plate on top)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542213[/ATTACH]

Desk and stool restored:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542215[/ATTACH]

HelenAnn 02-08-2016 04:55 AM

Really like the stool recover! where are you going to get spool pins? I have two machines that are missing them. Where do they go?

Sammie1 02-08-2016 05:54 AM

I got a replacement spool pin at sew-classic. It was just the top spool pin that was missing. The bed mounted one is there. It's black instead of chrome/nickel.

quilter53 03-22-2016 03:24 PM

I found a Wilcox & Gibbs machine with the cabinet and the treadle feet is just like this one. It belongs to a friend. He wants to sell it but not sure what it is worth. How can I find out the value. Only Patent #s that I can see. No serial # It's the curved type machine sorry not sure what to call it. But I know I want it.

there is no head here, just the cabinet, on the hunt for a pretty working WG to reunite...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215505[/ATTACH]

cabinet for above treadle pedal... late 1800's model parlor cabinet from what I've been told?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215506[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]

Mariposa 03-22-2016 05:41 PM

Annie and Sammie~~ beautiful machines!!