Singer 12, tension trouble

Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Yes, that's the stuff! Let me know if it works for you!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:46 PM

ArcaicArcane, the high temperature here in Northern CA was 85, which was a record for the day. Hubby wants to know what your temp was in Alberta!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM

I mentioned the deep creep to DH and his eyes lit and he goes "That would work!!" The aforementioned neighbor was over and offered to bring some over so we may see some progress soon!

Weather. Ugh. On Wednesday, we were about 50f, and I rode our newly legal again motorcycle home on dry roads. Last night and this morning we got about 3 - 4" of white crap. The high today was about 28 or 29f. Not a record. It's a darn good thing I work in my basement and didn't have to leave the house! Happy first day of spring! *mutter mutter mutter*. Why did your DH want to know?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:32 PM

Oh, he's big on weather -- in fact could have easily been a weather*man*. Looks at the satellite maps and predicts days ahead, and always seems to be right. I could tell you stories! He also watches because he drives a log truck, and likes to know when he might need chains, when they might be "rained out" etc.

Plus there's the motorcycle on those days off, and the best rides are when it's not too hot, not too cold or wet, (and all the nitwits have stayed home!).
Old 03-22-2015, 12:12 AM

Yeah! The nitwits.... we need radar for those!

Well today's weather wasn't any better. Chilly and we started getting some freezing rain on the way home from dinner. Always fun! Some nitwits in large pickup trucks were taking advantage of the slippery conditions and throwing their trucks around the parking lot where we stopped for groceries regardless of the rest of us and curbs. If I could develop an early warning system for those guys... I'd be rich!

I agree that the best riding days are the not too cold, not too hot days. We were in Montana one summer in about 102F and I lived for the shaded areas. Couldn't wear my leathers at all and had the textiles unzipped so I could avoid the "boil in the bag" feeling in the sun. My built-in radar is usually pretty accurate. I know the weather's changing when I ache. I'm usually better than our weathermen here too! DH sometimes asks "What are your joints saying?" if we're not sure about a weather related activity.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:32 PM

It seems that our weather changes every few hours, if not every few minutes. It is, however, getting to the time of year when our weather should be stabilizing(????). My joints are good forecasters as well. but I guess you don't reach 69 without a few aches and pains. When it turns bitterly cold here (down in the 20's) it's called "snap, crackle and pop" weather, 'cause that's what my joints do!

Jeanette
Old 03-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
When it turns bitterly cold here (down in the 20's) it's called "snap, crackle and pop" weather, 'cause that's what my joints do! Jeanette
"It's not the years, it's the mileage....." (Indiana Jones)
Old 03-24-2015, 05:03 PM

...When it turns bitterly cold here (down in the 20's) it's called "snap, crackle and pop" weather, 'cause that's what my joints do! Jeanette
Ouch! Keep those joints warm, Jeanette!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM

When it turns bitterly cold here (down in the 20's)
Huh? Down in the 20s is a nice warm spring day for us!! (Current weather - 28F feels like 23F)
Don't get me wrong, I prefer the 50+F but at least it's not sub zero at this point!

This weather for us is the "If you want to talk to me, I'll be in the basement with my quilting machine and 2 heaters and a humidifier" weather. I'm so achy at the moment from the up and down weather though, I'm actually avoiding stairs.

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
"It's not the years, it's the mileage....." (Indiana Jones)
OMG! We tried to watch that this weekend! I couldn't get past the screaming banshee / spoiled brat of a female lead. DH finally turned it off when it looked like I was about to pitch my laptop through the screen. It seemed so much better in the 80s...