Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thanks to Miriam and a suicide knob, I have a new hand crank!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Such a good idea! How many times will the needle go up and down with one rotation of the wheel?
    ETA: Your granddaughter is adorable!!!
    One Turn = One Stitch - the kids don't care. They are only learning anyway. The one stitch per turn is easy to control. They need to get used to having a needle. They need to get used to not pushing or pulling material through the machine. They need to use their left hand for something. When they are ready they can use a faster machine.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I had an old handcrank 128 that I was fixing up and the kids had fun learning to sew straight lines on notebook paper with no thread in the machine. When they got bored with straight lines they moved on to writing their names -- sort of like free motion quilting.
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    The needle just goes up and down once with each rotation - perfect for a little girl, although there's no needle in it yet. (She doesn't seem to care!) The picture of the knob on the redeye was what I bid on as pictured NIP on eBay - I received the silver out of a package in rolling around in a box instead - paper work with it said it was NIP also. I'm not sure how to leave feedback. It does work and I don't care about the looks (I don't think aluminum rusts), but it's really not what I expected. Here's a picture as advertised:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
    The needle just goes up and down once with each rotation - perfect for a little girl, although there's no needle in it yet. (She doesn't seem to care!) The picture of the knob on the redeye was what I bid on as pictured NIP on eBay - I received the silver out of a package in rolling around in a box instead - paper work with it said it was NIP also. I'm not sure how to leave feedback. It does work and I don't care about the looks (I don't think aluminum rusts), but it's really not what I expected. Here's a picture as advertised:
    They sent you the upgraded model. Don't complain.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

We used to put them on pickup truck steering wheels, but we called them knicker knobs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    They sent you the upgraded model. Don't complain.
    Yay! It does look better with the color of the wheel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2