Time Change surprised me

Old 11-01-2015, 06:32 AM

Default Time Change surprised me

Did we "Fall Back"?

Did Daylight Savings Time end last night?

I know I am the only person responsible for my daily events and life management, but still...

I did not hear one peep about setting the clocks back yesterday. I was on the computer/Internet several times and did not see any references to a time change.

Granted, I do not watch network news, ever, but I do check several news services during the day...but not yesterday.

I do check in with The Weather Channel each morning. I've not heard one word about a time change.

There are three forums I check almost daily. This one, of course; a Purple Martin forum; and a general chitty-chatty forum that is filled about 95% with "women of a certain age!" The Good Lord knows we do not curb our news sharing and grousing about mini irritants - such as changing the clocks.

The dogs woke me this morning. My iPod, our cell phones, and the TV all said 0708. The kitchen appliances, wall clock, alarm clock, and powder room night-light/clock all said 0808.

None of my dear friends, scattered all around the country, my brother, my nieces, my auntie - not even my Mom - mentioned it. Normally, someone is moaning about the time change a few days before the event.

Unbelievable! I thought I'd woken up in an alternate universe. Or perhaps I haven't woken at all?

Last edited by Caroline94535; 11-01-2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:56 AM

I forgot this morning but someone had mentioned it last night so ..clocks are still off until I finish my coffee. The dogs weren't going to let me sleep in anyway. One of them has a sick tummy so I am at his mercy.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

​Set my clocks back an hour last night before bed.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:26 AM

One thing I really appreciate about cell phones is that they set themselves to the current time. Our alarm for church this morning went off to the new standard time. Wall clock still registers with daylight savings time. Later.... At least we will on time to church. PTL
Old 11-01-2015, 08:25 AM

You're absolutely right that no big deal is made anymore about the time change. People "of a certain age" have analog clocks; younger people probably have none.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Dh handles that. He does it either before he goes to bed or early in the morning. I check with my cell to be sure. Got a lot done this morning though.
Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
One thing I really appreciate about cell phones is that they set themselves to the current time. Our alarm for church this morning went off to the new standard time. Wall clock still registers with daylight savings time. Later.... At least we will on time to church. PTL
Old 11-01-2015, 08:58 AM

I love my computer; I love my iPod Touch even more. I usually remember to carry my cell phone but I have steadfastly refused to sink into a completely digital world. I'll be the last girl standing in the analog line! LOL

I name two days a week as "Internet Free." We turn off the TV/Radio/Phones for all meals and when there is company in the house. I have a GPS, but I prefer to use printed maps and the Atlas.

I am normally more on the ball, and usually the time change will come up in conversation during the days leading up to it. I've been extra busy this week and not on the computer as much as usual. I've been watching DVDs instead of network television. The world slipped by me.

I've already marked my 2016 (paper) calendar so hopefully this won't happen again.

It totally threw me off when the cell phone showed one time and everything else said something different. I trusted the "clocks" instead of the iPod and phone!

I will turn 60 in February. I have a funny feeling the fun is just beginning! LOL

I have now re-set the...

bedroom alarm clock
sewing room's little cockoo clock
powder room night light/clock
microwave clock
telephone clock
kitchen wall clock
coffee pot clock
digital timer clock
stove-top clock
and my wrist watch.

I managed to mess up the settings on the Atomic weather clock when I recently changed the batteries. I do love that little bit of technology. Once I get that straightened out it should change its self in the Spring!

That just leaves the car's dashboard clock.

I have too many clocks!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

I never change the clock on my dash board. Never have. I know it is usually 35 minutes fast or 1 hour and 35 minutes fast/behind. Drive DH nuts but after the last time when he couldn't get it, I told him to leave it alone.
Originally Posted by Caroline94535 View Post
I love my computer; I love my iPod Touch even more. I usually remember to carry my cell phone but I have steadfastly refused to sink into a completely digital world. I'll be the last girl standing in the analog line! LOL

I name two days a week as "Internet Free." We turn off the TV/Radio/Phones for all meals and when there is company in the house. I have a GPS, but I prefer to use printed maps and the Atlas.

I am normally more on the ball, and usually the time change will come up in conversation during the days leading up to it. I've been extra busy this week and not on the computer as much as usual. I've been watching DVDs instead of network television. The world slipped by me.

I've already marked my 2016 (paper) calendar so hopefully this won't happen again.

It totally threw me off when the cell phone showed one time and everything else said something different. I trusted the "clocks" instead of the iPod and phone!

I will turn 60 in February. I have a funny feeling the fun is just beginning! LOL

I have now re-set the...

bedroom alarm clock
sewing room's little cockoo clock
powder room night light/clock
microwave clock
telephone clock
kitchen wall clock
coffee pot clock
digital timer clock
stove-top clock
and my wrist watch.

I managed to mess up the settings on the Atomic weather clock when I recently changed the batteries. I do love that little bit of technology. Once I get that straightened out it should change its self in the Spring!

That just leaves the car's dashboard clock.

I have too many clocks!
Old 11-01-2015, 01:47 PM

I came home and was very tired so I changed the bedroom clock, my watch, and one of the kitchen clocks. Went to bed. Got up this morning and forgot which clocks had already been changed!! This never happened to me before I turned 70!!. Some time today I have to go around and check them all again. hehe lol
Old 11-01-2015, 03:10 PM

I love that I live in Arizona and don't have to mess with this! Lol, Im lucky both of my sons now live here too.