Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    OMG! All those machine together have me drooling. Here is my Viscount a friend gave me. As you can see, she's missing the needle plate that opens to the front, was probably hinged. What I need is to find a common name brand that has the same plate so that Jennie at Sew-Classic can find it for me.

It measures 3 1/4 inch wide and had the screws evenly spaced on each side, not offset. It measures 5 inches from front to back. Strange, it has a screw hole on the machine behind the needle where something went. Caroline S has a Brother 280 that looks similiar. The 1977 Kenmore 158.13571, jlm5419. the Stitchmaster, grant 15clone.

Why am I obsessed with returning her to working condition? Uh, do I really need to explain that to this group?
    I may have the missing plate on a White someone left me... I'll have to measure it.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Well, come to think of it I do have a picture of that plate I have.
    Name:  2 Japanese, 1 Kenmore 1 Singer 99 018.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  125.3 KB
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Pink Coronado

I'm not sure if this is a 'badged' machine or where it was made. There are no indications anywhere on it. It is a Coronado Model M-93Z, Precision Built Automatic, Super Deluxe. It was inside a treadle cabinet I wanted and thought the machine was a bit different. The lady said it didn't work, but I took it anyway. When we plugged it in the motor smoked so it was unplugged immediately. I've cleaned the machine and oiled it; removed the motor for repair or replacement, but the machine seems to be in very good shape and everything moves smoothly. Picture is a bit fuzzy, sorry.

It really is pink with a brown top, not orange as in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The decisions we make determine the lives that we lead. - The Renaissance Man

Nice looking machine. There may be some markings underneath the bed as to the maker, though it was likely made in Japan.
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Very likely made in Japan - I have seen others with that name but they didn't look the same. They must have had some really fun times painting those Japanese machines. Don't you just love the paint???

It definitely is a Japanese clone. Under the motor mount in tiny little letters it says "made in Japan"
    The decisions we make determine the lives that we lead. - The Renaissance Man

I just bought a Dressmaker sewing machine at a garage sale today that is like the one on page 10 of this thread, owned by grant 15 clone. It doesn't look like it has been used for $15.00. The book looks like new and the there is a complete box of cams and tools. I cannot find any information about the mfg or possible year. The motor has YM40 serial # 1692 then a silver plate beside that number that I can't read. Can anyone help.
    jothesewer

Quote Originally Posted by Jothesewer View Post
    I just bought a Dressmaker sewing machine at a garage sale today that is like the one on page 10 of this thread, owned by grant 15 clone. It doesn't look like it has been used for $15.00. The book looks like new and the there is a complete box of cams and tools. I cannot find any information about the mfg or possible year. The motor has YM40 serial # 1692 then a silver plate beside that number that I can't read. Can anyone help.
    jothesewer
    I couldn't find any information on that one either.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    I have a manual for that Dressmaker. I do not know how to make an electronic copy. Photo copy is doable - quite a few pages.

I just bought a Dressmaker Centennial Series at an estate sale. All she needed was a little oil, now she sews like a charm. She is in mint condition.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast