Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines

Thanks John...yes, it is very similar. There's a different stitch regulator, but a lot of the other stuff is the same.

Gosh! Wouldn't it be fun to find one of those badges from some dealer's drawer! I guess that now's the time to put it out there. If anyone has a badge that might be appropriate for this machine, please let me know. I'd really like to find one to cover up the holes and scratches. I still haven't pulled out the machine to look at the underside. Will do soon.

~ Cindy

(Sorry...I don't mean to hog this thread. I'm on a quest. You understand.) The bottom of this machine tells me very little. There are 2 numbers, neither of which have a JA in front of them. There are no markings on the shafts that I can see. The motor is a PREMIER and painted to match the machine head. There's a little tag that looks similar to a GOOD HOUSEKEEPING logo, but isn't, which assures the owner that this is a quality machine and backed by the manufacturer, but doesn't say who the manufacturer is. The holes and flecked paint give clues as to the size and shape of the lost badge. That's all I know. Thanks for all of your help.
    ~ Cindy

If you haven't already done so, you could look for a JA number on the front apron, which is the vertical face below the front edge of the bed. I've seen the JA number there before.
    Mark

Thanks Mark...No JA number there either. BUT! I did find out the model. I believe it is a Brother Window-Matic. It could have had the Brother logo on it, or someone else's..I dunno. If anyone has an extra Brother badge that they'd like to part with, I'm all ears. Thanks for everyone's help. I'll let this thread go and, "be free," to others with Japanese clones.
    ~ Cindy

OK, I have seen several references to a "JA" number....what exactly is it? My new to me Morse has some numbers on the apron/skirt of the machine is that what ya'll are referring to?
    Cathie in Ut
    Who tends to be like a bird who is distracted by sparkly and shiny things!

Yes, Cathie. I think Joe has a list of the JA numbers. I have a partial list also. There are also JC numbers and TA.
    Sweet Caroline

Yep, Joe has a list of the J- A numbers. They can be found in the data page of the Yahoo Japanese Machines page.
    You just got to sign up for it.

Joe

OK checked out my machine
    Morse Lightweight with MOD. R-LAD 20706 on a plate
    I will see if the group I just joined has the list you mentioned.
    Thanks
    Cathie in Ut
    Who tends to be like a bird who is distracted by sparkly and shiny things!

Coronado Super Deluxe Zig Zag - better pic

I was able to get a better picture of the machine, but the cam area is still blurry and I can't get a decent one. I am fixing this machine so I can use it. Will need cams for it if anyone has any to fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    The decisions we make determine the lives that we lead. - The Renaissance Man

I have so enjoyed looking at all of these lovely ladies! I have a passion for these older machines and thought I had enough, but now I want more. This one is my prettiest and she reminds me of my lifetime dream car, which I will never own..so I bought this machine instead! She's fast and as quiet as a zipper!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast