Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM

I could not get into the Needlebar site? I have always been able to go to Needlebar to see something there, now they are asking for a password. Anyone else have the same problem?

Nancy[/quote]

same here
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cla8655
I bought this machine like 7 years ago, is this a singer? it says Deluxe precision centennial 027035 am trying to locate where to buy the grey looking part that is broken, any help is appreciated
I am going to say this is a recent build like in the 1980's to 1990's but is a really pretty one at that!! I know more about the Japanese/India machines but this is a Chinese version and I have know idea as to who made it originally.

The part in question is going to be gleaned off of another machine more than likely. I dont have any parts that come close to that piece laying around.

But do not let that discourage you from using the machine all that it does is let the feed dogs drop and you might can just push the plunger in to lock the feed dogs manually.

Billy
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by olebat
Have any of you had a chance to review the fiddle base I put on page 739? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-739.htm I know some of the key players in this shoppe have been out lately, but I'm real curious, and surely I don't have the resources that the lot of you have amassed.

This is what I think I have: Domestic, #3, Vibrating Shuttle, Fiddle base treadle machine.

In addition to any information, I am in search of a date. The number stamped under the (missing) shuttle slide is 88703. According to the manual I located and downloaded, it is really a quilters’ dream, for it will do free motion and embroidery. WOW! Of course, none of this will be possible until I locate a shuttle, attachments, and some sharp needles. Currently, everything seems to move nicely. It needs a cursory cleaning, and little more than routine oiling, and ATTACHMENTS. The belt needs to be tightened, but does not appear to be too brittle.

I'm all ears and eyes hoping someone here in the Vintage Shoppe can enlighten me with a dating link. (Preliminary research indicates about 1875) I’m also looking for resource which carries vintage parts. This beastie has consumed a lot of my time and energy this week, with only a few positive results.

I have a bunch of what I consider old machines in my collection, but I'm beginning to more and more appreciate these vintage machines. My husband reminds me that our house isn't big enough to take on another hobby. I just laugh and remind him that this is not another hobby, just an extension of the quilting.

Anyway . . . the machine?
Dont give up on me yet I have been slammed in the Studio getting several machines out for customers and I am going to get my Domestic today at 3pm. I have the records that will help you date the machine I just have to slow down enough to get to them. But I have 4 repaints to do and I have a few days that are nice enough to paint them in.

Billy
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I could not get into the Needlebar site? I have always been able to go to Needlebar to see something there, now they are asking for a password. Anyone else have the same problem?

Nancy
I will try to look surprised :roll: :lol:

Billy
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 AM

Wow, Billy, you are one busy man. Maybe we should see if the Japanese can clone you so there will be more of you to go around. lol
Old 03-02-2011, 09:06 AM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Really pretty Majestic machine! I hope someone gets that machine and uses her!

Nancy
Now that IS interesting because I was able to get into the site even up to posting this link to the page (I always test before).
Well, there are two machines with different names on them and they look just like this gorgeous machine that I posted.

I too hope someone who loves vintage machines and USES them will purchase this machine. And if I had the space this machine and treadle would have been mine already and in use.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
This is my latest quilt. The piecing was done on my Singer 201K, and the quilting and binding were done on the Davis NVF. Only the decorative stitch, that I used to finish off the binding with, is from a modern machine. The quilting foot (bar) that came with the Davis didn't seem to fit; so, I made my own out of a coat hanger. It fits through the hole in the foot, but I had to tape it in place since it would slide around. My lines aren't the straightest, but that doesn't matter to me.
Monica that quilt looks great! Your quilting lines look great too! Geeze, girl you have really put your treadles to work! Good for you - that is an inspiration to the rest of us!

Nancy
That is why I post my photos of my quilts here- to inspire. I want folks to see that you can USE your vintage machines for piecing and quilting.
These machines are meant to be used.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Wow, Billy, you are one busy man. Maybe we should see if the Japanese can clone you so there will be more of you to go around. lol
That would be nice, then that way I could still be here and not have to go to the bank and to get my new Domestic treadle!! But then I do love a challenge!!

Billy
Old 03-02-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
How about a picture of Miss Ida. Kathie
Here's where I posted her pic. She's a cutie!! :-)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102968-1.htm[/quote]

That is a nice machine. She is very clean. Did you have to clean her up or did she come that way?[/quote]

This is how she came. I do have to clean her up, as she is quite grimey. I just finished another major project last night, so I'm going to have time this weekend to work on her...I am so excited!! :-)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 AM

Another "oh look" moment for me. I discovered that the ironing board could be situated under the section of the cabinet to help hold the quilt while attaching the binding.
Wow...great idea!! That would totally work for me, too. Thanks!!