Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1800 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 800 1300 1700 1750 1790 1799 1800 1801 1810 1850 1900 2300 2800 ... LastLast
Results 17,991 to 18,000 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Wow, I didn't realize I had not been on this site for a while! Just had to catch up on 53 pages! Lots to learn!

Blog Entries
    Featherweight Beth,
    Your Elgin with the green decals is very pretty. I like the look of the cabinet and treadle too. Enjoy treadling!

The closes I can come to guessing what model that I have is a Singer 15-91. The Singer site only gave me the year and where it was made. What can anyone tell me about this machine? Kathie

Blog Entries
    I just got a New Home treadle # 3678452 about 20 minutes ago. My first real treadle. Where can I look up the ID and information on it? The head and wood looks bubbled.
    It go up and down with a cable, new to me , well it is all new to me. I only work with 2x4s not the finish, help please and thank you!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-6.htm#3514631

Bought my first Domestic treadle today, I think it's called a fiddle back or bottom. All the parts are there, coffin top, and has a lot of accessories. Very little rust, cabinet has a lot of grime on it, but no veneer peal and no water stains. The machine has a layer of grime that I hope is hiding some nice decals, I can barely see them under the grime. Where can I get an idea of the age? The serial # I forgot to right down. It may be delivered this afternoon or I will have to pick it up next week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterGary
    I got my first treadel a White rotary. It is the first that will require Billy's cleaning. I did oil it and it treadels. Serial number FR227331 the last pat date is Sept 12 1905 . I have the book with it but it in bad shape. Can anyone tell me about it. The belt is even good and I have a full set of attachments.
    Super nice machine. Cabinet is one of the best condition I've seem.
    Tommie

Blog Entries
    1920 White Rotary. I found this on Craigs List. She's in fair shape with lots of attachments. Her cabinet was made for a White machine, but do you think it is a 1920's cabinet?? Seems like she was repainted at some time. She's my first White and a whole lot different than my Nationals or Singers. For $5.00 I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterGary
    I got my first treadel a White rotary. It is the first that will require Billy's cleaning. I did oil it and it treadels. Serial number FR227331 the last pat date is Sept 12 1905 . I have the book with it but it in bad shape. Can anyone tell me about it. The belt is even good and I have a full set of attachments.
    Quilter Gary, that is a beautiful treadle!I love the decals on the White too!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Anyone heard of this one?
    FW clone called the MINI Classic made in the 90's.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/hsh/2449094017.html

This guy is always posting some cool looking or pretty machine, but he is a bit high for me. I try to get all my machines around a $100 or less.

I copied the picture just in case the listing is removed.

Oh, and motor looks huge!
    Our sewing repair shop here has one of those clones. I was not impressed with it at all. Up close and personal it looked very cheaply made, nothing like a real FW. The FW clones are not in the same league as the Singer Model 15 clones made in Japan in the late 40, 50, and early 60's. The FW clones in my opinion are just a cheap imitation of the real thing, where the 15 clones were actually as good, if not better, that the original thing.

I can't believe someone would pay that much for an imitation when they could get a real one for the same price? Maybe, cause it is for a collector?
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Anyone heard of this one?
    FW clone called the MINI Classic made in the 90's.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/hsh/2449094017.html

This guy is always posting some cool looking or pretty machine, but he is a bit high for me. I try to get all my machines around a $100 or less.

I copied the picture just in case the listing is removed.

Oh, and motor looks huge!
    Our sewing repair shop here has one of those clones. I was not impressed with it at all. Up close and personal it looked very cheaply made, nothing like a real FW. The FW clones are not in the same league as the Singer Model 15 clones made in Japan in the late 40, 50, and early 60's. The FW clones in my opinion are just a cheap imitation of the real thing, where the 15 clones were actually as good, if not better, that the original thing.

I can't believe someone would pay that much for an imitation when they could get a real one for the same price? Maybe, cause it is for a collector?
    Nancy
    Some people just don't know any better.