Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2051 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 1051 1551 1951 2001 2041 2050 2051 2052 2061 2101 2151 2551 3051 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,510 of 44024

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #20501
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    So, I am looking for a treadle base for my 66 so I can de-motorize it. I am not finding anything in my area reasonable (over $100 for terrible looking stuff), and neither is Sheryl finding anything around Fresno, though she has been trying hard to help me out.

    If anyone here within reasonable driving distance (??? from Bakersfield, very little is "reasonable" driving distance!! But hopefully I can do road trip to No or So CA within the next few weeks) has a Singer treadle they can part with for a reasonable price, please let me know. I can do restoration work if required....DH is a "wood guy". Thanks!!
    California folks - We (Janice & I) are also looking into the possibility that we would find a machine & cabinet. I am looking for a machine, working or not, with the coveted decals for display in my sewing room. She would take the cabinet, I would take the machine & we would split the cost. Let one of us know if you see anything in your local area.
    I will keep a look; I'm always looking across the nation.
    How far will you travel to pick up machine?

  2. #20502
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    So, I am looking for a treadle base for my 66 so I can de-motorize it. I am not finding anything in my area reasonable (over $100 for terrible looking stuff), and neither is Sheryl finding anything around Fresno, though she has been trying hard to help me out.

    If anyone here within reasonable driving distance (??? from Bakersfield, very little is "reasonable" driving distance!! But hopefully I can do road trip to No or So CA within the next few weeks) has a Singer treadle they can part with for a reasonable price, please let me know. I can do restoration work if required....DH is a "wood guy". Thanks!!
    You should make the trip up to Sacramento in Sept. for the Gold Country Treadleon Gathering. I'm sure someone there may have a treadle for you.
    Janice - sounds like a road trip for us. Pick me up on your way!
    If you do this trip, you should contact the treadleon group of your interest.

  3. #20503
    Senior Member nickylsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Waldport, OR
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    So, I am looking for a treadle base for my 66 so I can de-motorize it. I am not finding anything in my area reasonable (over $100 for terrible looking stuff), and neither is Sheryl finding anything around Fresno, though she has been trying hard to help me out.

    If anyone here within reasonable driving distance (??? from Bakersfield, very little is "reasonable" driving distance!! But hopefully I can do road trip to No or So CA within the next few weeks) has a Singer treadle they can part with for a reasonable price, please let me know. I can do restoration work if required....DH is a "wood guy". Thanks!!
    There was one on Reno CL

    Singer Treadle- Frame Only - $30
    $30

    Reno

    2011-07-17, 4:20PM PDT

  4. #20504
    Senior Member nickylsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Waldport, OR
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    So, I am looking for a treadle base for my 66 so I can de-motorize it. I am not finding anything in my area reasonable (over $100 for terrible looking stuff), and neither is Sheryl finding anything around Fresno, though she has been trying hard to help me out.

    If anyone here within reasonable driving distance (??? from Bakersfield, very little is "reasonable" driving distance!! But hopefully I can do road trip to No or So CA within the next few weeks) has a Singer treadle they can part with for a reasonable price, please let me know. I can do restoration work if required....DH is a "wood guy". Thanks!!
    There was one on Reno CL

    Singer Treadle- Frame Only - $30
    $30

    Reno

    2011-07-17, 4:20PM PDT

  5. #20505
    AbbyQuilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroeville, PA
    Posts
    579
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I got a pretty good set, so want to see if they work, first. I'll have to get it out and try them. But I can't run the machine, as the wires are bare! :shock: I'll just have to try them by turning the handwheel. Not gonna happen for a couple of weeks, at least! Thanks for the offer...I'll let you know. But if you want to sell them, go ahead and don't wait for me. There are always a bunch of these sets for sale on eBay and ShopGoodwill.
    Ok - will do that. Guess I need to figure out which machine they fit. Or let someone have them for a fair price & figure it out on their own.
    I have a domestic if they fit that I would be interested. If you can show a pic I might be able to tell

  6. #20506
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    4,052
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I got a pretty good set, so want to see if they work, first. I'll have to get it out and try them. But I can't run the machine, as the wires are bare! :shock: I'll just have to try them by turning the handwheel. Not gonna happen for a couple of weeks, at least! Thanks for the offer...I'll let you know. But if you want to sell them, go ahead and don't wait for me. There are always a bunch of these sets for sale on eBay and ShopGoodwill.
    Ok - will do that. Guess I need to figure out which machine they fit. Or let someone have them for a fair price & figure it out on their own.
    I have a domestic if they fit that I would be interested. If you can show a pic I might be able to tell
    Here's a picture. If you need a better one, PM me. I could email better pics this evening. Charlee said this about them:

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Here's the 1949 Singer blackside 128-23 I picked up Saturday.
    The attachments you asked about are "top clamp" and go to one of these:
    Davis, New Home, Standard, White, Domestic, Kenmore, Free-Westinghouse, or National.
    (list from the book by Charlene Phillips, The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook)

    Evidently there are 12 different sizes of these top clamp attachments that all fit different machines...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #20507
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,584
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Here are a few pics of the Davis NVF that my DH picked up for me in San Jose over the weekend. It needs some cosmetic work but it sews beautifully. I figured out how to thread it and took a few stitches. The belt is too loose, and it has some krazing. I will use Billy's tutes to fix her up. Included were lots of attachments I have not had time to study yet. I even got the original receipt from 1919, and a history on the family that owned it.
    Wow, you will love the Davis NVF for doing bindings! Also, since you have the NVF, you don't have to find the very hard to find Davis Long needles! Your machine takes regular 15X1 needles!

    Thank you all for your concern about Tarzan. I have cried for a week, it is hard. I am just so angry that our housesitter didn't notice he was not drinking. Who would have thought? My vet said to always leave your sitter's with instructions to give the tiny dogs Pedialyte (spelling?)with their meals, just to be safe. These little tiny dogs do weird things when their family is gone.

    And Janice, to answer your question, no Tarzan was not ill nor old. He was 9 and as you all know Chihuahua's are the longest lived of all dogs - they can easily reach 20. Our vet tried to save him, then did a bunch of tests just to make me feel better. He wanted to be able to tell me Tarzan had some condition that made him become dehydrated, but his tests were all great - he was extremely healthy, just so severely dehydrated that his blood had lost 75% of the water - it was like glue. We got back from our trip to a severely sick dog, a $1,000 vet bill and then a dead dog. Not fun. I just want you all to use this as a lesson, maybe Tarzan can save another tiny dog by you all knowing what happened to him. It is noones fault but mine - I just never thought he'd stop drinking.

    Nancy

  8. #20508
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    So, I am looking for a treadle base for my 66 so I can de-motorize it. I am not finding anything in my area reasonable (over $100 for terrible looking stuff), and neither is Sheryl finding anything around Fresno, though she has been trying hard to help me out.

    If anyone here within reasonable driving distance (??? from Bakersfield, very little is "reasonable" driving distance!! But hopefully I can do road trip to No or So CA within the next few weeks) has a Singer treadle they can part with for a reasonable price, please let me know. I can do restoration work if required....DH is a "wood guy". Thanks!!
    Do you live near Bakersfield? In Visalia, there is a Singer treadle with what looks to be a Redeye. Posting has two different prices. Cabinet looks like it may need some work and can't see decals on the Redeye. I say they are asking way too high for this cabinet.

    http://visalia.craigslist.org/clt/2483791627.html

  9. #20509
    Senior Member nickylsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Waldport, OR
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Here are a few pics of the Davis NVF that my DH picked up for me in San Jose over the weekend. It needs some cosmetic work but it sews beautifully. I figured out how to thread it and took a few stitches. The belt is too loose, and it has some krazing. I will use Billy's tutes to fix her up. Included were lots of attachments I have not had time to study yet. I even got the original receipt from 1919, and a history on the family that owned it.
    Wow, you will love the Davis NVF for doing bindings! Also, since you have the NVF, you don't have to find the very hard to find Davis Long needles! Your machine takes regular 15X1 needles!

    Thank you all for your concern about Tarzan. I have cried for a week, it is hard. I am just so angry that our housesitter didn't notice he was not drinking. Who would have thought? My vet said to always leave your sitter's with instructions to give the tiny dogs Pedialyte (spelling?)with their meals, just to be safe. These little tiny dogs do weird things when their family is gone.

    Nancy
    Thank you Nancy, I too am so sorry to hear about your pup. We have 3 Aussies and it is hot here and we have water available in at least 4 spots. I know how heartbroken you are.

    I am retiring Friday, and am looking forward to the extra time to figure out all the attachments. I have found some literature online explaining how to use them.

    Actually my Davis came with a little original Singer envelope with 3 long needles. Maybe someone will want them.

  10. #20510
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    4,052
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Do you live near Bakersfield? In Visalia, there is a Singer treadle with what looks to be a Redeye. Posting has two different prices. Cabinet looks like it may need some work and can't see decals on the Redeye. I say they are asking way too high for this cabinet.

    http://visalia.craigslist.org/clt/2483791627.html
    Thank you vintagemotif. I'm about 45 minutes from Visalia so that is a possible one to look at.

    I called on this one this afternoon. The guy is supposed to text me better pictures & the serial number. We will see what happens. http://fresno.craigslist.org/clt/2504193978.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.