Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2810 of 4351 FirstFirst ... 1810 2310 2710 2760 2800 2809 2810 2811 2820 2860 2910 3310 3810 ... LastLast
Results 28,091 to 28,100 of 43505

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #28091
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,578
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
    Wow! I would have loved to go with you! Sounds wonderful! A 15-91 is going to be my next acquisition...after I get a house to hold 3 machines...well 4 including the modern Janome. I am hoping to find one either with a cabinet or be able to find a cabinet for one. I want to FMQ and the cabinet would be just what I need to reduce the drag. I'm learning more and more about cabinets now. That trapezoid sounds fun. She sounds like the type of lady to sit down and have some coffee with and get a history lesson!
    It was a great day but would have been better witha fellow quilter as I also refound a quilt store that I knew the general location but not the exact and now I have the exact location. She is a neat lady and DH is thinking about going with me the next time I go visit her. We will probably bring some home made goody to share with her. FYI: DH said possibly on the machine for Christmas present. Younger DD proud of me that I didn't buy all of her machines but frankly I was out of space and not because I was resisting the virus. ~ Chris
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

  2. #28092
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,968
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    I also enjoy meeting people like that and she really made my day, too. I talso cost me nothing to spend some time with someone who was wanting some company that day. Am working on trying to build up my treasures in Heaven by doing unexpected acts of kindness. Probably sounds silly but am convicted that if we all stepped outside of ourselves and spent time with others, the world would be better place but so would we as a person. ~ Chris
    Amen!! Very well stated and totally agree!

  3. #28093
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,768
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi everyone. I just got a new-to-me Kenmore 158.14101 sewing machine. DH says it needs a good cleaning and oiling. We just ordered a manual from eBay. The plastic part of the foot pedal has broken and the foot pedal is not usable like this. I did a Google search for model 6813 foot pedal and they are all sold out. Does anyone here have one they're willing to part with?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

  4. #28094
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Hope this pic of the mini I did on Elaine (201) comes through. It measures 10" x 12" finished and was really fun to make. Anybody that would like instructions can PM me with email address and I'll provide.
    Weedwoman, I love the mini and all the pin wheels!

    Great job!

    Nancy

  5. #28095
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,194
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Hope this pic of the mini I did on Elaine (201) comes through. It measures 10" x 12" finished and was really fun to make. Anybody that would like instructions can PM me with email address and I'll provide.
    If you hold down your computer's control button and hit + a couple times the picture will get bigger and you can see those buttons! To get the screen smaller again hold down the control button and hit the minus as many times as you hit the plus. One very nice piece of work Weedwoman.

    Weedwoman, the neighbor lady says I got into sumac AND poison ivy last summer AND possibly Virginia creeper. We still have to get rid of it some how. Is this a good time of year to chop it down?
    Last edited by miriam; 11-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.

  6. #28096
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    I've been saving a spot for a Raymond or New England style sewing machine. They were made in the 1850's and 60's and are a walking foot chainstitch. Job Davis it is claimed was influenced by the walking foot part for his Vertical Feed. Really neat story behind Raymond: http://www.sewalot.com/charles_raymond.htm
    Jon
    Jon, thank you for the link - I love the history of these sewing machine pioneers!

    Nancy

  7. #28097
    Senior Member Weedwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    If you hold down your computer's control button and hit + a couple times the picture will get bigger and you can see those buttons! To get the screen smaller again hold down the control button and hit the minus as many times as you hit the plus. One very nice piece of work Weedwoman.

    Weedwoman, the neighbor lady says I got into sumac AND poison ivy last summer AND possibly Virginia creeper. We still have to get rid of it some how. Is this a good time of year to chop it down?
    You can cut it but you need to treat the 'stumps' with Tordon to get a good kill and hopefully it will retard it from appearing next year. Good luck.

  8. #28098
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,194
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    You can cut it but you need to treat the 'stumps' with Tordon to get a good kill and hopefully it will retard it from appearing next year. Good luck.
    looks like Rural King has it! Thanks. We have a very long line of fence on both sides of the property. The phone company came in to do it and gave up. Phone line everywhere. Some of the trees looked like they were on fire with red vines a couple weeks ago.

  9. #28099
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    I've been saving a spot for a Raymond or New England style sewing machine. They were made in the 1850's and 60's and are a walking foot chainstitch. Job Davis it is claimed was influenced by the walking foot part for his Vertical Feed. Really neat story behind Raymond: http://www.sewalot.com/charles_raymond.htm
    Jon
    Great info Jon!! Thanks for sharing!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  10. #28100
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x View Post
    Hi everyone. I just got a new-to-me Kenmore 158.14101 sewing machine. DH says it needs a good cleaning and oiling. We just ordered a manual from eBay. The plastic part of the foot pedal has broken and the foot pedal is not usable like this. I did a Google search for model 6813 foot pedal and they are all sold out. Does anyone here have one they're willing to part with?
    Diane, Check with Guy Baker http://www.sewingmachineparts.net/ He is an OSMG, and a good and trustworthy one!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.