Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2855 of 4386 FirstFirst ... 1855 2355 2755 2805 2845 2854 2855 2856 2865 2905 2955 3355 3855 ... LastLast
Results 28,541 to 28,550 of 43851

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Nancy, that 20 is in the same box as mine...and my manual is copyrighted in 1953...machine looks the same too!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Yikes....here's a NAZI decal machine in my town for sale. Yikes.... http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2728944283.html
    You know, I refuse to make certain quilt patterns because they either are or resemble a swastika...but I'd LOVE to have that machine!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Well, if you want Charlee you can give them an offer and I could ship it to you. Though the table probably wouldn't be worth the shipping $....though since my last name sounds Jewish, do you think they'll let me in the door? :>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Nancy, that 20 is in the same box as mine...and my manual is copyrighted in 1953..
    .machine looks the same too!
    Charlee, my DH just went to pick the Sew Handy up for me! It is complete, according to its owner, except for a manual!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I always thought the external motors were the same. Although the external motor on my Singer 201 was for European usage; didn't work here when plugged in, but looked the same as any of my other motors.

My daughter was always 99% in weight and height as a young kid. Doctor told us that she will most likely be very tall, 5'10"ish. She is only 5"2".
    Loved my Honda Accords, we had two of them.

Vintage Motif, I worked for a pediatrician years ago. He said that for a rule of thumb, if you see what a child's height was at age two, you double that and it should be what their height is as an adult. I am curious what your daughter's height was at age two to see if it comes true for you. Of course, it's not scientific, but he said that it is usually the case.

Blog Entries
    Name:  Sew handy.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  1.33 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee, my DH just went to pick the Sew Handy up for me! It is complete, according to its owner, except for a manual!

Nancy
    Ok here she is! Charlee, this must just be a chain stitcher? No bobbin? Can you send me a copy of the threading diagram? What size needle does it take? I didn't get a manual as you know!

Isn't it cute!!!!

Nancy

Nancy, how cute is that! I saw it on CL myself. I'm so glad you got it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Well, if you want Charlee you can give them an offer and I could ship it to you. Though the table probably wouldn't be worth the shipping $....though since my last name sounds Jewish, do you think they'll let me in the door? :>
    LMAO!! Might not... but I don't have the funds right now to get it.....maybe if it's still there next month!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Name:  Sew handy.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  1.33 MB Ok here she is! Charlee, this must just be a chain stitcher? No bobbin? Can you send me a copy of the threading diagram? What size needle does it take? I didn't get a manual as you know!

Isn't it cute!!!!

Nancy
    Yep..chainstitcher, and unless you didn't show the C-clamp, that's missing, but no biggie..any C-clamp will work, I pad mine tho. I'm going to make the PDF of the manual now! Should have it before morning!

ETA: The needles are a 24x1...another one of those that aren't common...
    Last edited by Charlee; 11-30-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Yep..chainstitcher, and unless you didn't show the C-clamp, that's missing, but no biggie..any C-clamp will work, I pad mine tho. I'm going to make the PDF of the manual now! Should have it before morning!

ETA: The needles are a 24x1...another one of those that aren't common...
    Yep, no clamp either, but I just think it is adorable!

Thank you Charlee! I sent you a PM!

Nancy