Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 AM
Power Poster

Glen, your machine looks an awful lot like my Vindex only a whole bunch better... I figured out my Vindex is missing the stitch length parts. I wonder if it will even ever work.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
You may remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a Monkey Wards Brunswick before pics. Here are the after pics.
Glenn I don't remember what the 'before' pictures looked like, but the 'after' pictures are stunning! You always do such a wonderful job. I love the clean lines that the Brunswick has - a really nice looking machine!

Nancy
Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter View Post
Sorry for mix up this is my first time posting pictures to new format.
Judy
Judy, very nice cabinet indeed! This is what I want, a New Home that says New Home on the treadle. I don't think I have ever seen a New Home Cabinet this elegant and simple? The cabinets I remember seeing seem to be all kinda large and clunky looking, although, I'd take one of those cabinets too if I find one in good shape that says New Home on it! This particular cabinet with the coffin top is really nice - you do a great job!

Nancy
Old 12-31-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
It's beautiful! I just got a New Home today, it's called a 'light-running New Home sewing machine" on the manual, and it's in the No. 4 style treadle base. Serial number is 272868 - any way to date it?

I actually went to look at 3 machines, a friend of mine's SIL was clearing out his grandmother's house. Original, there was 4, one was a gray Singer Sewhandy, but said he decided it was cute and was going to keep it. The other two machines were White family rotaries, both electric, I'm looking for hand cranks lately (not sure how the New Home slipped in there.) I offered $40 for the New Home, it came with drawers full of stuff, an extra shuttle to a different machine, it's own attachments plus a puzzle box for a Singer 27/28. Decals weren't all that great shape, but I offered him $40 for it - I figured I could sell the parts if it didn't work out. Plus her told me he had another child's German toy machine - like new in the box that his Grandmother gave his sister - and he has no problem selling. Also he rethought the sewhandy and decided that he would be willing to sell that too, it is just sitting on his self looking cute. I told him to call if he decides to sell and I'd look at them. At least these would be SMALL - and hand cranks.

Pictures - #1- cabinet before spa, #2 - machine before spa (no idea what was in center, but it wasn't a painting!), #3 - machine (Aunt Pearl, after woman who owned it) after a little TLC
Betty it is beautiful! Congratulations! Another very elegant looking New Home! Now, I want to find one of these New Homes with a coffin top! Great buy too!

Nancy
Old 12-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Melinda,

Truely a wonderful idea to use ribbon to demo the thread path. Thank you.

Cathy
I agree, very clever way of demonstrating the thread path. Melinda, Thanks for posting.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2tii...re=uploademail this is a new video Muv made - it is on threading the Singer 15. Grab some tea and enjoy. Melinda, I love that ribbon!!! That threading picture needs to go on the 15 clone page! How is your mom doing? I put a link to Muv's video on there too. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t164361-5.html
I love watching Muv's videos, not only for the education factors, but to listen to her voice!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM

Has anyone heard of the Hudson Sewing Machine Co? This machine looks like a Singer 15. Poster states made in Japan, clone Singer. The machine has cute decals. I like his title "Sews Green Anywhere".
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...775984703.html
Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 AM

Anyone looking for Gritzner irons: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...775398208.html
Old 12-31-2011, 10:35 AM

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/atq/2775847248.html

For my basement kitchen.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
You may remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a Monkey Wards Brunswick before pics. Here are the after pics.
Its amazing how much harp room there was in the old machines. The modern machines make it more difficult to fit large quilts and changing needles is a PITA.
Glenn, you've got a beautiful machine, you done good!
Sharon W. in Texas

Last edited by purplefiend; 12-31-2011 at 11:27 AM.