Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2907 of 4401 FirstFirst ... 1907 2407 2807 2857 2897 2906 2907 2908 2917 2957 3007 3407 3907 ... LastLast
Results 29,061 to 29,070 of 44001

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #29061
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Charlee and Nancy, This is way cool!! Now I don't have to use my toy Singer for chain stitching. Well, After reading the thread, I was on a hunt for information-part of the fun in collecting and learning for me. Thanks to google images, I was able to see what the spider looks like. I have another gadget, attachment, that looks very strange-don't know what that's for. So, at first I didn't know which one was the spider, but I should have realized that something has to fit into the rotary area to take the place of the bobbin. Another interesting mechanical device that fits cleverly into the machine to use. The Standards are very nice machines.
    Ok Monica and all the rest of you, I think we need our heads examined? Tonight I put one of my Japanese clones on the counter so I could visit with my husband, watch TV, and sew the grid lines on a Santa wall hanging I am making. I stitched two lines, couldn't keep the dang thing straight, so started over a couple time to try and get a straight seam. I finally gave up and went into the office to use my Two Spools, who always sews straight! I re-did the original two seams and finished the project on the Two Spools! I love that treadle! Because the feed dogs are the same length it NEVER pulls my fabric sideways! The original foot is a perfect 1/4" too, so I don't have to try and keep the fabric on the black edge of one of those 1/4 feet! Geeze, my DH says it is pretty bad when I can't sew a straight seam on an electric machine - I have to go to the treadle! It is so relaxing to sew without having to tug and fight with the fabric to try and keep a straight line going! I might have tried to sew the grid lines on my 319w treadle, but I can't get to the machines in my sewing room right now - too many Christmas packages in there! Now, if only I could figure out a way to move the Two Spools around the house so it would be more convenient to use!

    Nancy

  2. #29062
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    My neighbor just gave me this machine. It's a White 77. It belonged to his aunt and he's had it in his house taking up space for a loooong time and wanted it to have a good home. It's in a neat desk with lots of unusual compartments, with all original attachments and manual. The cert. with it says it was sold in 1951. It's in excellent condition from what I can see in my fairly dark garage. When it warms up I'll play with it. The manual says it takes White Rotary needles. Are these special needles? Anyone have this machine?
    Candace, I really like the sleek looks of that green White! It is a green Godzilla, right? Pretty cool looking machine.

    Nancy

  3. #29063
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,583
    Nancy, I wish it were green. It's a darker grey color.

  4. #29064
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Ok Monica and all the rest of you, I think we need our heads examined? Tonight I put one of my Japanese clones on the counter so I could visit with my husband, watch TV, and sew the grid lines on a Santa wall hanging I am making. I stitched two lines, couldn't keep the dang thing straight, so started over a couple time to try and get a straight seam. I finally gave up and went into the office to use my Two Spools, who always sews straight! I re-did the original two seams and finished the project on the Two Spools! I love that treadle! Because the feed dogs are the same length it NEVER pulls my fabric sideways! The original foot is a perfect 1/4" too, so I don't have to try and keep the fabric on the black edge of one of those 1/4 feet! Geeze, my DH says it is pretty bad when I can't sew a straight seam on an electric machine - I have to go to the treadle! It is so relaxing to sew without having to tug and fight with the fabric to try and keep a straight line going! I might have tried to sew the grid lines on my 319w treadle, but I can't get to the machines in my sewing room right now - too many Christmas packages in there! Now, if only I could figure out a way to move the Two Spools around the house so it would be more convenient to use!

    Nancy

    The Two Spools is my favorite piecing machine. Right now, I'm working on a lap size twister motif quilt that is flannel. I found that the Davis is best for working with the flannel over all of my machines, since it has the walking foot and no feed dogs. The fabrics all move through together nicely. I have been thinking of switching my machines around also. Have fun treadling!

  5. #29065
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    297
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    mairam, where do you come up with some of the things you say and do? I bet your are a blast to be around all day you would keep me laughing the whole time.
    as Charlee might say, she's a 'hoot'

  6. #29066
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,354
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris View Post
    as Charlee might say, she's a 'hoot'
    hey Iris! Where have you been?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #29067
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Nancy, I wish it were green. It's a darker grey color.
    Darn! On my computer it appears to be a really cool dark green machine! I thought, wow, I've never seen a White that color - that is why I asked!

    Nancy

  8. #29068
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wait what is this? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2749653015.html I bet the person who did the art work thought that cabinet was beautiful, but she couldn't set someone on it - that would have covered up her art work.

    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 12-15-2011 at 06:42 AM.

  9. #29069
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok here is another one with a "shoe pedal" and "pattern modifier!" Yooopppeeee! It is so funny what people who don't sew come up with. What is a "pattern modifier?" http://sacramento.craigslist.org/art/2744299806.html

    Nancy

  10. #29070
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Wait what is this? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2749653015.html I bet the person who did the art work thought that cabinet was beautiful, but she couldn't set someone on it - that would have covered up her art work.

    Nancy
    What was it Nancy? It's been deleted...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.