Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-03-2011, 09:51 AM

I have my husbands grandmothers Singer treadle. I refinished the cabinet YEARS ago, but not sure I ever used it to sew, even to play. I just purchased a new belt. (I cut to size w/ 1/2 inch overlap. Now I need to punch a hole in the leather to connect the belt). I also had the machine serviced and oiled.

I am trying to determine the exact model 127 or 27. It has "vibrating shuttle". I thought I had the manual, but when I went to read about the bobbin I found the manual was for a Singer No. 115, which has circular bobbin. I need to know how to wind the bobbin/shuttle, and how to take out the shuttle.

I can purchase a copy manual from:
http://www.sandman-collectibles.com
Does anyone have a manual to share?
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM

Do you know what her Earth name is?
Originally Posted by MarieM
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
OK...everyone: The search is on! I have been all over the internet and cannot find a place to buy a key for my Dora (128) and her domed lid! Any ideas???
We are having a quilt show here in town in 2 weeks, one of our vendors is called Feathers and Cranks, she sells very pricey fully restored featherweights and hand cranks. I don't have her info here, but I will check w/her to see if she has any spares, if so I'll post her info for your.

Marie M.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 AM

http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...ls/127-128.pdf
Originally Posted by sam_98
I am trying to determine the exact model 127 or 27. It has "vibrating shuttle". I thought I had the manual, but when I went to read about the bobbin I found the manual was for a Singer No. 115, which has circular bobbin. I need to know how to wind the bobbin/shuttle, and how to take out the shuttle.

I can purchase a copy manual from:
http://www.sandman-collectibles.com
Does anyone have a manual to share?
Old 07-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Training pays off!! :lol:

My brother in law just called from a yard sale in Eastern Oregon...he just bought me a 1946 15-90 (? exact model is questionable, I'm guessing, sight unseen...but know the serial number) for $5...no case...no problem there...says "Yeah, the decals are good, I guess. It's a black Singer, do you want it or not?" :lol:

Well, yeah! ;)
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee

My brother in law just called from a yard sale in Eastern Oregon...he just bought me a 1946 15-90 (? exact model is questionable, I'm guessing, sight unseen...but know the serial number) for $5...no case...no problem there...says "Yeah, the decals are good, I guess. It's a black Singer, do you want it or not?" :lol:

Well, yeah! ;)
Sew... you're pickin' up the machines before I can get there... LOL
Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Well, yeah! ;)
Girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!! :lol: I don't think you're going as far as Jordan Valley tho...so you're safe for now...we ARE however, going thru Burns tomorrow afternoon... ;)
Old 07-03-2011, 11:48 AM

Well, yeah! ;)
Girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!! :lol: I don't think you're going as far as Jordan Valley tho...so you're safe for now...we ARE however, going thru Burns tomorrow afternoon... ;)
And, we won't be to Burns until Tuesday afternoon... that old saying sewwwwwwwwwww close; yet sewwww far away. Leave some stuff for us at the thrift shops!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 AM

I'll not only leave ya something, if you PM me your phone number, I'll call ya and tell you where it's at and what it is!! :lol: ;)
Old 07-03-2011, 11:54 AM

Here is my Jones and Company Fiddle Base Treadle. I bought it about a year ago and not sure I ever posted it. Anyway, I may be reposting but now I am keeping a log of which pages my machines are posted on. Oh, I will have to go post it in the section for photos only also. I will also have to relocate the serial number and age of my treadle. It needs a new belt so I have not sewn with it yet. I have been making a lace cloth for it on my more modern embroidery machine. I enjoy this machine sitting in my living room.
Drool, Drool, Drool !!!!
Tommie
Old 07-03-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Here is my Jones and Company Fiddle Base Treadle. I bought it about a year ago and not sure I ever posted it. Anyway, I may be reposting but now I am keeping a log of which pages my machines are posted on. Oh, I will have to go post it in the section for photos only also. I will also have to relocate the serial number and age of my treadle. It needs a new belt so I have not sewn with it yet. I have been making a lace cloth for it on my more modern embroidery machine. I enjoy this machine sitting in my living room.
Drool, Drool, Drool !!!!
Tommie
:-D Maybe you will find one one day. I stumbled on it while on a trip to Seattle. We always look at craigslist for other cities when we are going to be traveling.