Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
That's a start chris-quilts, the attachments are a sign of my deep love for thrift stores, yard sales, junque shops, etc. ... I don't even want to talk about the green and pink space buttonholers and the older ones as well...who could leave them abandoned :?: :?:
I agree which is why I have 12 vintage machines. After awhile, they seem to find you. Am going to look at a collection of somewhere between 1600 and 2000 sewing machines tomorrow from "an eccentric ole coot" (not my words) who collected vintage sewing machines in many different styles and makers. From what I understand, all are for sale and the looking is free. The big question is: Do I take cash or go without any intention of buying? Temptation comes in many forms. :hunf: :twisted:
Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

I agree which is why I have 12 vintage machines. After awhile, they seem to find you. Am going to look at a collection of somewhere between 1600 and 2000 sewing machines tomorrow from "an eccentric ole coot" (not my words) who collected vintage sewing machines in many different styles and makers. From what I understand, all are for sale and the looking is free. The big question is: Do I take cash or go without any intention of buying? Temptation comes in many forms. :hunf: :twisted:
Awww Man, that just sounds like a FUN trip with our without cash :thumbup:
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Am going to look at a collection of somewhere between 1600 and 2000 sewing machines tomorrow from "an eccentric ole coot" (not my words) who collected vintage sewing machines in many different styles and makers. From what I understand, all are for sale and the looking is free. The big question is: Do I take cash or go without any intention of buying? Temptation comes in many forms. :hunf: :twisted:
Awww Man, that just sounds like a FUN trip with our without cash :thumbup:
I agree and that's probably why I'm going to go. Just to see the machines if nothing else.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM

In what state would this be taking place? I just don't want to feel too bad if it is close enough that I COULD have gone.......
Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Shemjo; It's in tracy, MO, about 30 - 45 minutes north of KC, MO. This is being held at the county fairgrounds. It's about 3.5 to 4 hrs from you. Yes, I'm enabling.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 PM

No thanks, but it IS tempting!

I am still having trouble posting!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Does anyone here have a sears kenmore 158? I know it is not vintage but I am wondering if you think it is worth it to buy a new tension knob for $19.99 &shipping. Any thoughts?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 PM

cris_quilts.....waaahhhaaa that's not fair it's way tooooo faarrrr from Atlanta!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
That's a start chris-quilts, the attachments are a sign of my deep love for thrift stores, yard sales, junque shops, etc. ... I don't even want to talk about the green and pink space buttonholers and the older ones as well...who could leave them abandoned :?: :?:
Wow! Sounds like fun. Here in Orange County, CA the pickings are getting slim. Even at garage sales. Used to go on Saturday mornings and see at least 4-5 SM's now I'm lucky to see one Vintage all morning. Good luck!
Joni
Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM

I dated my Spartan and it says December 11, 1959. Ok, then site says for model 99K-185K-192K. What's up with that? How do I find out which one I might have?

I have tried to find something on a kenmore I have with a model number of 148.273 Serial number 08293. I pluged it in last weekend and nothing happens, so this one will probably be taken in to the shop.

Thanks for the help.