Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM

People must be spring cleaning. i just checked Craigslist and there are numerous machines available. A chrome bedecked Domestic was interesting, but I'm not biting. There was a Singer that has to be in the 300s for a good price.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Garage saling today brought these pretties. I don't know how they could get any more chrome on the Dressmaker, lol. Paid $10 each. Very seldom do I get one with cams.
Wow those are purty!

Now, what does one do with all those machines? lolol
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Tammy and Trish,

These little Dynamic and Cinderella machines are so cute! Who were they made by? Are they metal or plasic outer shells? Are they as heavy as a 99, or lightweight like a featherweight? Do they so well? What kind of needle do they use? What size bobbin do they use? Are the prices comparable to other vintage machines? When and what kinds of places do you find them? I have never seen one, until they showed up here a few weeks ago and now they seem so be coming out of the woodwork! Sorry for so many questions, but they are fascinating to me. Thanx!
These machines were made in Japan. It's seems to be a smaller copy of the singer 15 not big at all about the same size as a FW. The working parts are steel and the frame work is Alum. and the outside is pressed tin.

It's not as heavy as a 99 weights about 15#. They use the same needle as the 99 just bobbin looks to be like the 15. I have sewed with her just to see how she does, and it sews fast you have to get used to it. It also has a tinny sound when sewing. You can remove acouple of things and her dress comes off so she can be oiled.
I have only seen them on e bay until Tammy got one.

I took a picture of her without her dress on so you can see her body.
Thank you for showing this! Gives me more insight to mine that is named Cinderella. Who by the way is on her way to me as we speak! I can't wait to get it so I can check it all out. I am like Billy on this as far as I like the idea that the whole side comes off of it making it easy to oil good. Thanx again.
Tammy
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 AM

Stopped in a neighboring town's Salvation Army where three nice condition older sewing machines were sitting in the back. I came home with this one because the color was pretty. The other two were Singers from 70's. ($15) It is branded Fiatelli --maybe after the car? Made in Japan with an American motor.

Fiatelli
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184515[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184509.jpe  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:18 AM

Billy can you tell me what type of bobbins this machine takes? Is this considered a "redeye"...It is dated 1910.
Also confused since research tells me it's a 66 but booklet that came with the machine shows 99?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184515.jpe  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by tomilu
Garage saling today brought these pretties. I don't know how they could get any more chrome on the Dressmaker, lol. Paid $10 each. Very seldom do I get one with cams.
Wow those are purty!

Now, what does one do with all those machines? lolol
These will be serviced and, Singer put on CL and the others donated.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by emmah
Stopped in a neighboring town's Salvation Army where three nice condition older sewing machines were sitting in the back. I came home with this one because the color was pretty. The other two were Singers from 70's. ($15) It is branded Fiatelli --maybe after the car? Made in Japan with an American motor.
Very pretty and flashy!!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 AM

Greenini: Thank you for posting the pictures of the attachments. I was wondering what the differences was between a walking foot and a blind stitch attachment. Thanks for sharing.

Tommie: Gotta love going on treasure hunts and coming home with some very nice finds :)

Hobbykat: I think Billy had said at one point that all Redeyes were 66's. Beautiful machine. Are you going to keep it electric or convert it to a treadle?

Emmah: I really like your new Fiatelli. Did she come with a manual by chance?

Judy
Old 04-15-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Billy can you tell me what type of bobbins this machine takes? Is this considered a "redeye"...It is dated 1910.
Also confused since research tells me it's a 66 but booklet that came with the machine shows 99?
I'm not Billy but I can answer your question. Your machine
is a model 66 with Red Eye/Red head decals, it takes a class 66 bobbin as does the 99. The 99 is a smaller 66, it threads the same. I have a Red Eye too, mine is dated 1918.
Sharon W.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
What a beautiful machine. Kathie