Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Hey...one of those fell out of my 128 too!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I need help with a 1” pin that fell out when I turned the machine right side up after scrubbing the underside. I did not take it out, it just fell out!!
Thanks so much.
That is probably the pin that goes in the stud for your tension. It sticks out just a bit so that when you raise or lower your foot it releases the tension on your thread or tightens it.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

I need help with a 1” pin that fell out when I turned the machine right side up after scrubbing the underside. I did not take it out, it just fell out!!
I don’t know where it goes. I think it is a 66 from 1926- #ab101576. The more I clean the more there is to clean. How do you get rid of the kerosene smell? Thanks so much.
Pin might be from the tension - poke it in the hole and see if it fits. I used to leave my machines on the enclosed porch over night to get rid of the smell. I left one out there too long once - someone threw it through the glass and broke in my house - broke the machine beyond use, ruined my hand woven rug, some chairs, got glass in every room of my house, stole my computer, my new Crocs, an old camera and all my sewing machine repair tools, an old cell phone and a few good parts. This was last year. So I quit leaving them very long but they do need to air don't they.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:05 PM

This is in Rockford Mi. It's a featherweight, looks in good condition. Is on craigslist for Grand Rapids, MI., has two photos.

Amount $175 or OBO
Title - Singer Sewing machine
Detail & description - This working Singer sewing machine comes with, foot
petal, needles, bobbins, attachments, and portable case. This item is in a
smoke free environment.

Posting for a friend who would prefer to talk in person about item on
display. Dot not reply to this ad.....please call 616-874-8748 If I do not
answer please leave a message and I will return your call.

Thank you
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 PM

Found this in a drawer of one of my sewing machines. Anyone know what it is?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220550.jpe   attachment-220551.jpe  
Old 07-03-2011, 05:57 PM

I posted a topic on the main board, but it quickly got buried. I have a question to ask all you vintage pros. I have a 1935 Singer 15-91 that I want to use to do my FMQ. What foot have you found that you like the best for this?
Help me spend some $$!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
I need help with a 1” pin that fell out when I turned the machine right side up after scrubbing the underside. I did not take it out, it just fell out!! How do you get rid of the kerosene smell? Thanks so much.
Pin might be from the tension - poke it in the hole and see if it fits. I used to leave my machines on the enclosed porch over night to get rid of the smell. I left one out there too long once - someone threw it through the glass and broke in my house - broke the machine beyond use, ruined my hand woven rug, some chairs, got glass in every room of my house, stole my computer, my new Crocs, an old camera and all my sewing machine repair tools, an old cell phone and a few good parts. This was last year. So I quit leaving them very long but they do need to air don't they.
yes there is a small hole in the tension stud screw, i pushed it in and it stayed. [who knew, not i]. i left it out side for 3 days, it still smells. i'll try safegraud next. thank you so much.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Launie
I posted a topic on the main board, but it quickly got buried. I have a question to ask all you vintage pros. I have a 1935 Singer 15-91 that I want to use to do my FMQ. What foot have you found that you like the best for this?
Help me spend some $$!
I have no affiliation with these people, but they have several recommended feet for low shank, side clamp 15's. I believe her name is Jenny over at sew-classic.com. The blog site has a lot of free info, manuals, advice too: http://blog.sew-classic.com/.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Launie
Help me spend some $$!
I have the same machine. I will looking for the answer to your question with great anticipation. :-D

Oh, BTW, you came to the right place to find out all about vintage machines :!: The best shop in town.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
Found this in a drawer of one of my sewing machines. Anyone know what it is?
Looks like a leather lacing awl to me. I have one too, have not used it yet... What's everyone else think? I'm interested too!