Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-03-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Launie
I posted a topic on the main board, but it quickly got buried. I have a question to ask all you vintage pros. I have a 1935 Singer 15-91 that I want to use to do my FMQ. What foot have you found that you like the best for this?
Help me spend some $$!
I use a spring type darning foot and it works very well. I have a 15-90 that I use for FMQ.
Sharon W.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
I posted a topic on the main board, but it quickly got buried. I have a question to ask all you vintage pros. I have a 1935 Singer 15-91 that I want to use to do my FMQ. What foot have you found that you like the best for this?
Help me spend some $$!
I have no affiliation with these people, but they have several recommended feet for low shank, side clamp 15's. I believe her name is Jenny over at sew-classic.com. The blog site has a lot of free info, manuals, advice too: http://blog.sew-classic.com/.
Thank you. I was also intetested in a metal darning foot for my Singer 15-91. She also has one that is plastic listed on her site.

Here's the metal one: http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Low-...e-SCF4021L.htm
Old 07-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Help me spend some $$!
I have no affiliation with these people, but they have several recommended feet for low shank, side clamp 15's. I believe her name is Jenny over at sew-classic.com. The blog site has a lot of free info, manuals, advice too: http://blog.sew-classic.com/.
Thank you. I was also intetested in a metal darning foot for my Singer 15-91. She also has one that is plastic listed on her site.

Here's the metal one: http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Low-...e-SCF4021L.htm
I use the one that looks just like that.
Sharon W.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Thank You ladies! I just placed an order. I want to get Old Ironsides up and running, well, quilting- she runs just fine! Thanks again for your advice.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM

Can anyone help me date a Janome 810 Made in Japan?

TIA
Old 07-03-2011, 08:22 PM

Thank You ladies! I just placed an order. I want to get Old Ironsides up and running, well, quilting- she runs just fine! Thanks again for your advice.
Welcome to the Board and to this shop. Glad you found us. I will be ordering a darning foot also next week. :-D
Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 PM

I love R/W/ & B!! It suits your front porch.

Patriotic concert tonight was wonderful, as usual. Several thousand people picnic-ing together on the lawn at Old Morrison Hall. Music included the Dixieland Jazz Band and Lexington Philharmonic and Lexington Singers. A good time was had by all.

Originally Posted by Glenn
Sounds like we have the makings of a great party. Yes Chris we have unsweeten iced-tea my wife does not like the sugar in her tea either but I do..... I want to thank all for the nice things said about our porch, this is where live in the afternoon during the summer. It is always the fourth here at the Cleveland's
Old 07-03-2011, 08:25 PM

I just wondered if she might be someone I've "met" on any other lists, but her name doesn't sound familiar.
Originally Posted by MarieM
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Do you know what her Earth name is?
Originally Posted by MarieM
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
OK...everyone: The search is on! I have been all over the internet and cannot find a place to buy a key for my Dora (128) and her domed lid! Any ideas???
We are having a quilt show here in town in 2 weeks, one of our vendors is called Feathers and Cranks, she sells very pricey fully restored featherweights and hand cranks. I don't have her info here, but I will check w/her to see if she has any spares, if so I'll post her info for your.

Marie M.
Nona Sharff, she is in Colestrip, MT, I actually saw her Friday in our LQS. The last I knew she didn't have a web site. I can call the LQS on Tuesday and see if they have her number.

Marie M.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:28 PM

[quote=Miz Johnny]http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...ls/127-128.pdf
[quote=sam_98] I am trying to determine the exact model 127 or 27. It has "vibrating shuttle".

Thanks Miz Johnny. That is exactly what I needed. Not too difficult, but it is best to have manual / directions before trying to start sewing with old / new machine. I did determine that it is a 127. Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:02 PM

Hey all... back in town. Like 30 pages to read! phew!

APB.... there is a FREE VS in a case (case is shot. Machine is dirty, forgotton... but nice decals), over at shopgoodwill.com. No one is bidding on it. It's the older full sized, 127 looking type, spoke wheel, able to treadle. Here's the link... just in case someone is interested. (This isn't enabling anyone is it???? <grin!>). http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8136519

PS there is also a electric, spoke wheel Lotus 66 there as well. Cords cut, some rust, some wear on the decals, but oh my.

AND a Singer 403, with pristine carry case, Singer plastic accessories case (with accessores), feet, cams, manual, and extras. Looks Clean!!! They've got one $5 bid on it.
I looked, but I couldn't find the 403. It must be sold already. I'd like that one.

BTW, the thumbsrew is out of the 128. It did fall into the access hole when I took off the little panel.