Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Miz Johnny - The White caught my eye too. Have you ever seen one like it?? Guess there is another one to add to my list. LOL. Going to an auction tomorrow to take a look at 3-4 SM's and it's suppose to rain cats and dogs.... But if they have a Fire Engine Red SM there it will be worth it. :)
Judy
A friend of mine has one that is similar--I THINK she said it was made in Germany. I'm going to have to ask her about that.
As for the red one, I've been collecting a long time, and other than the red Vikings, I don't believe I've ever seen a red machine.
....Just read your reply a few minutes ago, then started browsing sewing machines on eBay (as you do on a brisk Sunday morning) and by strange coincidence, came across this machine.

<ebay.com.au> item # 170626634773

Btw, if anyone is considering buying it, just remember that if it's an Aussie model the motor will probably be 240v.

Bronwyn ;-)
That is the color I would like to paint one of my vintage machines. I bought a Singer model 66, that had practically no more decals left on it, with the thoughts that I would try to give it a nice paint job.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jtapp9
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-116631-1.htm

Anybody got any ideas? It's driving me up a wall. I was just sewing on this a couple months ago. I 'think' I may have had this same issue then but i'm not sure what I did to fix it..lol
This seems like a timing issue... Not sure I would tackle that myself. Sorry I can't be of more help to you... :|
Old 04-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
Well, I never....

Absolutely speechless.....

Take a look....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-116393-1.htm
I can't believe that some one would think of shipping anything this way. They must have thought the case was sturdy enough for shipping. I am really amazed that it was not damaged. Glenn
Old 04-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Well, I never....

Take a look....

I can't believe that some one would think of shipping anything this way. They must have thought the case was sturdy enough for shipping. I am really amazed that it was not damaged. Glenn
Just makes you wonder how some people think...or more to the point, don't think!!! Sooooo lucky it wasn't damaged further, top marks to the postal staff.

A few years ago I bought a Janome machine on eBay, asked the seller if they knew 'how' to package and was assured 'yes we do'. It arrived in a flimsy box (machine far too heavy for the box used) and of course the base was just about non-existent when delivered. I opened it in front of the delivery man so I had confirmation of it's condition only to discover the machine had 'everything' taped to the body of the machine with that horrible, brown packing tape that must have been a million years old and was really, really, gooey and tacky.

It took more than a week to get the machine, power cable and attachments cleaned not to mention almost a whole bottle of turps. I took heaps of photos and told the seller I wasn't happy and all she could say was 'hubby told me to do it that way'. To which I replied 'hubby isn't always right!!'

Bronwyn ;-)
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM

[quote=HanNatNana][quote=Glenn]
Well, I never....
I've had a couple of ebay shipping disasters. I'm almost paranoid when I ship a machine. We buy boxes and use lots of plastic packing material used to ship airplane parts and so far not a problem one.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 PM

Well, I never....

Take a look....

I'm with you. Except I am never speechless. I only have one word, though. In my best Debra Barone voice, "Idiot."
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Miz Johnny - The White caught my eye too. Have you ever seen one like it?? Guess there is another one to add to my list. LOL. Going to an auction tomorrow to take a look at 3-4 SM's and it's suppose to rain cats and dogs.... But if they have a Fire Engine Red SM there it will be worth it. :)
Judy
A friend of mine has one that is similar--I THINK she said it was made in Germany. I'm going to have to ask her about that.
As for the red one, I've been collecting a long time, and other than the red Vikings, I don't believe I've ever seen a red machine.
....Just read your reply a few minutes ago, then started browsing sewing machines on eBay (as you do on a brisk Sunday morning) and by strange coincidence, came across this machine.

<ebay.com.au> item # 170626634773

Btw, if anyone is considering buying it, just remember that if it's an Aussie model the motor will probably be 240v.

Bronwyn ;-)
Cool, but no bids from me. I wouldn't throw it out if it appeared on my doorstep, though!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Well, I never....

Take a look....

I think she should leave all the stickers on the case as they are all now part of the history for this machine and makes for an interesting story. I wouldn't take any of them off.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:05 AM

l went to the local hospital garage sale bought two wooden dinning room chairs for aus$5 as a was walking home for my car to pick up the chairs WOW a voice Elsie would you like a sewing machine its in my car l'll drop it off for you so l explained l would be back for the chairs he was waiting when l got back. l cannot believe l have have had one given to me like that so l think it has got around l am interested in old machines it is a Werthiem alsi in the afternoon hubby needed some parts to put Ruby in a cabinet so off we went to a new contact was l gobsmacked oh my they must have had a hundred old machines in the house which was a big old Australian return verandah and his big l mean big garage was full off machines or part machines he has been collecting and restoring for twentyfive years needless to say l came home with another machin a hand crank called HAID & NEU made in Germany l will post pictures oh boy am l lucky at the moment.Elsie Blight Australia
Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 AM

Elsie, What a wonderful gift. I would have been dancing in the streets if someone stopped and gave me a hand crank sewing machine. Can't wait to see your photos.

Judy