Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 PM

Not giving dh any options! I know what he can get up too and its never a pretty outcome~!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 PM

miriam

I think this maybe the main cause of my rats nest problem. This is the shuttle carrier on the OUR SPECIAL.

Our Special shuttle carrier
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219623[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219617.jpe  
Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 PM

The next time one of your hubbies says something about you bringing home another machine just ask him if he rather it be a younger guy......... :mrgreen:

Billy[/quote]

Good answer Billy :-D
Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
vinagemotif

Got a pic of a MW treadle today that has the bracket to hold up the drop leaf. Will have to wait until power is back on to use my other computer to read the phone card and transfer the pic. It's a swing out piece that looks like a ornamental iron shelf bracket.
Lee,
Yes, I would like to see what the bracket looks like. I spent some time googling for an image of the cabinet with bracket today, but did not find an image of the bracket. Most images were of the side down. Even though I will not be hunting down a bracket for this cabinet, I would like to see what the original looks like. Maybe one day the bracket will show up for me to assemble on this machine. But for now, I'm planning to rig up some metal plate that will swing into place to hold the top up.

The cabinet is all assembled, treadle is oiled and runs smoothly, and machine is all cleaned up. I just need handles for the drawers and some pseudo bracket. For 122 years old, she makes a very pretty stitch!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219636.jpe  
Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by jljack
Tonite right after work I get to pick up my FW....I haven't even seen her whole self yet!! I'm excited!!
Janice, I can't remember if you have other FWs. If you don't, I can guarantee you that you will enjoy your new one. Congrats...
This is my first FW, and I have her home. No pics yet. She was born approx. May 1957, came with bobbins but no other attachments. Looks like original cords and pedal, and they are in great condition. She's a little rougher than I would have liked, but I'm pleased to have her. Don't know how I'm gonna tell DH about her....she's hiding in her case under my sewing table against the wall for now. And spent a whole lot more than $7 on her (unlike Abby), so I may not be OK!!! LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
Well, I'm on my way, tomorrow for this model 15 for $20.00!!!!!!
I don't really know much about it but the people are moving and need it out of the house. It was being advertised as a different model but I recognized it.
Cathy that's a great looking 15!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Is this patriotic enough for you, Glenn? It is "semi" sewing related--the "bunting" is Daisy Kingdom panels from some years back. Unfortunately though, it was hemmed on a serger.
Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
Miz Johnny,
I love the bunting on your home!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Is this patriotic enough for you, Glenn? It is "semi" sewing related--the "bunting" is Daisy Kingdom panels from some years back. Unfortunately though, it was hemmed on a serger.
Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
Love your decorations, Miz Johnny!!! Very Patriotic. Happy 4th!!

DH and I both have several vets on both sides of our family....and we have a 20' flag pole in our front yard, with the red, white & blue flying proudly every day!!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Power Poster

miriam

I think this maybe the main cause of my rats nest problem. This is the shuttle carrier on the OUR SPECIAL.
some emery cloth should polish that off
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
vinagemotif

Got a pic of a MW treadle today that has the bracket to hold up the drop leaf. Will have to wait until power is back on to use my other computer to read the phone card and transfer the pic. It's a swing out piece that looks like a ornamental iron shelf bracket.
Lee,
Yes, I would like to see what the bracket looks like. I spent some time googling for an image of the cabinet with bracket today, but did not find an image of the bracket. Most images were of the side down. Even though I will not be hunting down a bracket for this cabinet, I would like to see what the original looks like. Maybe one day the bracket will show up for me to assemble on this machine. But for now, I'm planning to rig up some metal plate that will swing into place to hold the top up.

The cabinet is all assembled, treadle is oiled and runs smoothly, and machine is all cleaned up. I just need handles for the drawers and some pseudo bracket. For 122 years old, she makes a very pretty stitch!
table is open - bracket extended
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219669[/ATTACH]

not a verygood picture - table is closed and the legs are hiding it - brackes swings from a pivot on the right - pretty neat set up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219663.jpe   attachment-219664.jpe