Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-02-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
That is one thing I have never figured out is why these hubbies gripe about you all bringing more machines home with you. Even though my wife doesnt sew she never says anything about anything I bring home, whether its cars or sewing machines. And I never had an issue about her bringing home another purse of a pair of shoes, who cares it makes her happy and thats all that counts in my book.
Billy
My DH is really a darling. He helps me any way he can with my machines and does all the electrical stuff. We go machine hunting together and he is well trained on what FWs look like, lol. He does the packing for shipment. He recently made a new top for my Gammill and even hauled it from NM to KS for me. And I accept his old car stuff, lol.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
We have ours flying. Thanks for your service to our Country !!

Texas Jan
Old 07-02-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Glenn;
Changed my avatar to reflect my own service and also others' on this board. Thank you for your service. ~ Chris

Update on handcrank: Got her today. The woman still owns about 6 or 7 FW's (not planning on selling them) but has some attachments she's like to sell. Trying to find out what is in one box - can't tell for sure and she hjasn't answered the latest query. Speaking of attachments, I received some with the machine, which is nice, but no manual. She's a backclamp 66 though.
Hi Chris...I got a manual on ebay for the back clamp but no attachments, I think I found some on ebay. If you need instructions on which way the needle goes etc. let me know I can send you some copies...
Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Update on the twins. I lubricated them and plugged them in and they make a beautiful quiet stitch just as you would expect from a FW. Here are some close ups. So I will get them cleaned up and polished this weekend. Of course both the cases have that mildew smell so they are sitting out in the sun.

Billy, I need 8 of the rubber pads for the feet and if you have the round little plastic ring for the light switch.

Still sew excited! But going to stay away from the garage sales this weekend.
Lisa, you are on a roll girl - I'd go for those garage sales at least until your luck runs out!

Nancy
Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 AM

That is one thing I have never figured out is why these hubbies gripe about you all bringing more machines home with you. Even though my wife doesnt sew she never says anything about anything I bring home, whether its cars or sewing machines. And I never had an issue about her bringing home another purse of a pair of shoes, who cares it makes her happy and thats all that counts in my book.

The next time one of your hubbies says something about you bringing home another machine just ask him if he rather it be a younger guy......... :mrgreen:

Billy
We used to do Yorkshire terrier rescue, until DH had cancer (in remission now). We quit rescuing because he had had enough of giving up dogs, to adoption or death. Now if he kids me about "rescuing" sewing machines, I just tell him at least they don't bark or leave "surprises" on the floor.
He has to agree, whether he says so or not.

Texas Jan
Old 07-02-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
sssshhh dont tell my hubby. I brought home another one today. Its a Japanese 15 clone. I snuck it in the house and i havnt told him yet :lol:

I will get pics when it is safe. But I think I am in trouble because I asked him to build me shelves in my sewing room this weekend and that is where it is hiding. I think I might have to fess up soon....
but... but I only spent 7$ on it
:thumbup: :XD:
Abbyquilts, I bet your hubby won't know the difference? Just leave it sitting out and he will just think it has always been there.

Nancy
Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
Well, I'm on my way, tomorrow for this model 15 for $20.00!!!!!!
I don't really know much about it but the people are moving and need it out of the house. It was being advertised as a different model but I recognized it.
Lucky you! You will love that machine! My favorite machine is my 15-88! Well, I shouldn't say that, as I love what ever machine I am using at the time I am using it! Like my horses I love whichever horse I am riding the most -- when I am riding that horse!

Nancy
Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

The next time one of your hubbies says something about you bringing home another machine just ask him if he rather it be a younger guy......... :mrgreen:

Billy
Thankfully my hubby is a partner in crime. I just have to find them and he will buy and try to fix them but I will rember that line. Ofcourse that line would not work for your wife any ways. :P
Old 07-02-2011, 06:05 AM

I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
Glenn thank you! Both of my brother's were in Vietnam! Both Marines!

Nancy
Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
A happy 4th to you too! I have my flag out and changed my avatar!
Monica, I love the quilt! Did you make it? I also made a flag quilt!

Nancy