Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
Well, I'm on my way, tomorrow for this model 15 for $20.00!!!!!!
I don't really know much about it but the people are moving and need it out of the house. It was being advertised as a different model but I recognized it.
Looks very nice Cathy! :-D
Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM

Glenn;
Changed my avatar to reflect my own service and also others' on this board. Thank you for your service. ~ Chris

Update on handcrank: Got her today. The woman still owns about 6 or 7 FW's (not planning on selling them) but has some attachments she's like to sell. Trying to find out what is in one box - can't tell for sure and she hjasn't answered the latest query. Speaking of attachments, I received some with the machine, which is nice, but no manual. She's a backclamp 66 though.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Is this patriotic enough for you, Glenn? It is "semi" sewing related--the "bunting" is Daisy Kingdom panels from some years back. Unfortunately though, it was hemmed on a serger.
Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Glenn, Our flag has been out there for quite awhile now. DH is a Korean war vet. While I am at it I would like to thank all who are serving or who have served our country !! God Bless!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
Well, I'm on my way, tomorrow for this model 15 for $20.00!!!!!!
I don't really know much about it but the people are moving and need it out of the house. It was being advertised as a different model but I recognized it.
That is a beautiful machine Cathy! And it will not need much but a good oiling and a polish and your good to go!

Billy
Old 07-01-2011, 07:39 PM

Here is the new machine. I am going to call her Sneaky Heidi becuase she is still in hiding. I have not fessed up yet :?

And I am also going to post a pic of my horrible craft room that needs some shelves desperately but now I dont want my husband going in there because I am hiding a new machine lol.

(PS I will fess up but just want to give it some time I am not afraid of my husband he will only shake his head and ask if I really needed another one I just think its funny lol)

Sneaky Heidi
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219605[/ATTACH]

The reason I need shelves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219606[/ATTACH]

Couple of my machine heads hanging out in the closet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219607[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219599.jpe   attachment-219600.jpe   attachment-219601.jpe  
Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Here is the new machine. I am going to call her Sneaky Heidi becuase she is still in hiding. I have not fessed up yet :?
Once you get enough of them he won't notice any new machines because they will all look alike :mrgreen: to him. Another idea is to buy multiples of the machines that you like but just keep one of each model out where anyone can see it :wink:
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

That is one thing I have never figured out is why these hubbies gripe about you all bringing more machines home with you. Even though my wife doesnt sew she never says anything about anything I bring home, whether its cars or sewing machines. And I never had an issue about her bringing home another purse of a pair of shoes, who cares it makes her happy and thats all that counts in my book.

The next time one of your hubbies says something about you bringing home another machine just ask him if he rather it be a younger guy......... :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Last time my DH (doesn't necessarily stand for Dear) made a comment about backing up a dumpster, I told him to go right ahead and do that. Throw it all out. I'd buy back what I wanted out of the divorce settlement. Quieted him right down.
Originally Posted by Lostn51
That is one thing I have never figured out is why these hubbies gripe about you all bringing more machines home with you. Even though my wife doesnt sew she never says anything about anything I bring home, whether its cars or sewing machines. And I never had an issue about her bringing home another purse of a pair of shoes, who cares it makes her happy and thats all that counts in my book.

The next time one of your hubbies says something about you bringing home another machine just ask him if he rather it be a younger guy......... :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 07-01-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

~grin~ I already did...and he hauls the machines into the house for me, and makes sure that they work! :D He's even been known to sit a stitch a seam or two to help with Christmas gifts! :lol:

The tape on the cabinet was used for something...I forget what...then peeled off and stuck up there...it didn't stay long, I PROMISE!! :lol:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219616[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219610.jpe