Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Positively says OUR SPECIAL. Not like most White machines, turns same direction as most Singers. I hookup the electric today and it turns over real nice and quiet. The shuttle has a spring loaded piece on the back of it and tends to make the top thread hang up around the notch in the front and puts a rats nest on the bottom side. Will take a pic of the shuttle later and post. Maybe with a good cleaning that will change. Got the hand wheel soaking in evorust right now. Lost power earlier tonite so will have to wait a bit to use the garage for cleaning.

OUR SPECIAL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219515[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219509.jpe  
Old 07-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lee231
Positively says OUR SPECIAL. Not like most White machines, turns same direction as most Singers. I hookup the electric today and it turns over real nice and quiet. The shuttle has a spring loaded piece on the back of it and tends to make the top thread hang up around the notch in the front and puts a rats nest on the bottom side. Will take a pic of the shuttle later and post. Maybe with a good cleaning that will change. Got the hand wheel soaking in evorust right now. Lost power earlier tonite so will have to wait a bit to use the garage for cleaning.
I wonder if it has a burr or rust some place causing the rats nest
Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM

vinagemotif

Got a pic of a MW treadle today that has the bracket to hold up the drop leaf. Will have to wait until power is back on to use my other computer to read the phone card and transfer the pic. It's a swing out piece that looks like a ornamental iron shelf bracket.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
It's possible, I had a Necchi that had that problem on the bobbin shoe, acted about the same way with the rats nest.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
It's possible, I had a Necchi that had that problem on the bobbin shoe, acted about the same way with the rats nest.
run your finger over the area and the shuttle and see if you can feel anything. If you can't feel anything make a stitch and watch the stitch form - you might have to prop the machine up to see - anyway see if you can see where it is snagging. It is so frustrating to try to find a burr - at least you can see rust. I have polished with crumpled up aluminum foil before - if not try emery cloth. The burr can be anyplace - it could be on the needle, the needle hole, the shuttle - anyplace. I had one machine did that and it wasn't a burr it was dead gummy oil
Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 PM

sssshhh dont tell my hubby. I brought home another one today. Its a Japanese 15 clone. I snuck it in the house and i havnt told him yet :lol:

I will get pics when it is safe. But I think I am in trouble because I asked him to build me shelves in my sewing room this weekend and that is where it is hiding. I think I might have to fess up soon....
but... but I only spent 7$ on it
:thumbup: :XD:
Old 07-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Tonite right after work I get to pick up my FW....I haven't even seen her whole self yet!! I'm excited!!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 PM

I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
Old 07-01-2011, 04:09 PM

Glenn, my flag flies EVERY day! Thanks for your service!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
DH is a vet of VN. Yeah, for the USA! Happy and safe 4th to everyone. :-D