Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-30-2011, 05:56 AM

See what you all went and did!!!! I spent a couple of days looking at all these wonderful little black sewing machines and got bit by the bug. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and this is what I paid 14.99 plus 29.99 shipping for. She was born on August 1, 1921, in Elizabeth, NJ. She is a Singer 128, which is a 3/4 machine. she is in pretty bad shape but won't be when I get my hands on her. She has what is called the La Vincendora decals with a grape vine and leaf motif pressed into the face plate.

Now..if one of you fine ladies would point me to the receipe for the cleaning stuff...I will be ready when she gets here!

Meet Little Girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218914[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218908.jpe  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

Doing the happy dance......
OMG! Some of you are sooooooooooo lucky! I can't even believe what you got -- and one of them is a 1937 and a 45 model? Do they both have the beautiful scroll face plate? UNBELIEVABLE!

Nancy
Old 06-30-2011, 06:10 AM

Here is my Remington Treadle New NO 5. Billy is helping me date it.

$ 30.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218923[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218917.jpe   attachment-218918.jpe  
Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
Here is my Remington Treadle New NO 5. Billy is helping me date it.
Ewww... I like the wheels on the cabinet. Tha's cool!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
See what you all went and did!!!! I spent a couple of days looking at all these wonderful little black sewing machines and got bit by the bug. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and this is what I paid 14.99 plus 29.99 shipping for. She was born on August 1, 1921, in Elizabeth, NJ. She is a Singer 128, which is a 3/4 machine. she is in pretty bad shape but won't be when I get my hands on her. She has what is called the La Vincendora decals with a grape vine and leaf motif pressed into the face plate.

Now..if one of you fine ladies would point me to the receipe for the cleaning stuff...I will be ready when she gets here!
Great machine, can't wait till you clean her up.

There are several parts to cleaning your machine SEW, do a search by typing in 'Cleaning Your Vintage Sewing Machine'. It will bring up all of the threads for cleaning, plus other related topics. :-D
Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 AM

Now, Bronwyn, that would be a hoot to pick you up at the airport.

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Let's see now, I have sorta lost count... how many are going junkin' and eatin' at dives with Charlee?????? :shock:
At this point, I think it will take a school bus dragging a semi trailer for the loot we find and all us collectors.

Hand in the air waving madly.....don't forget to swing by the airport to pick me up, ROFLMHO!!!! Wouldn't it be fun, would love to do something crazy like that because I don't know anyone who sews or has an interest in sewing machines.

Bronwyn ;-)
:-D
Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 AM

Okay! here are pictures. :D

The picture for the shuttle area was not good, so will be posted later.
I have a quick question:
If I read all of the pages in this particular thread, will I be able to learn more about loading shuttles and how they work? <wave>

MW front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218948[/ATTACH]

MW back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218949[/ATTACH]

MW bobbin winder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218950[/ATTACH]

MW base plate
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218951[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218942.jpe   attachment-218943.jpe   attachment-218944.jpe   attachment-218945.jpe  
Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 AM

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!! WOW!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des
Is there a WRONG reason to buy a machine? :lol: I think she's pretty!
I have two pink Japanese clones, an Atlas that is a baby pink, and a Monarch that is more a salmon color, but both have their original matching pink foot controls. Both drop the feed dogs and sew like a dream. Fast and straight.
Melinda I have its sister in the sale section right now, Its a Brother "Windomatic" with all of its accessories and case with the original tins and boxes. It was badged for the Atlas Company in Florida and sews like a dream!

Billy
My Atlas has a different profile, for lack of a better word. But I still like it. S119462 is the serial number on mine.
Melinda, your Atlas looks like a beefed up Singer 301!! LOL I like it a lot!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by miriam

Hey any time you wanna double your money....
I'll triple your money for one!!!! Great find/deal!