Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
No, if I find a "red" one, (and have the funds) I'm jumping on it! HeHe Billy (Lost51) has a pink one for sale in Classified.

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des

There's a red sewing machine on <eBay.com.au> #150625794835 and also #260808321519 the latter doesn't have a power cable, but the main thing to remember is that our power is 240v so you would need a step-down transformer.

Bronwyn ;-)
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Omak, we don't care if they're Singers or not!! Most of havea variety! :) That plate is most likely a cover for a vibrating shuttle...aka "long bobbin"...

Do you have a photo for us? :)
This is definitely beyond my ken! And, to make things worse - - I do not do research very well - - has to do with my inability to figure out what questions to ask <g>.
I have started looking at information on the vibrating shuttle/long bobbin, and am thinking the bobbin winder didn't really look like anything I had ever seen before - -
went to ebay, since my word search led me in that direction - - I paid $25 for it, and the sales yard makes it look like I got a good deal. I probably should go back to the person who sold it to me and have her tell me what history she knows of it.
This is all so exciting! LOL <wave>
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

Doing the happy dance......

Are you kidding me??? What luck! You'd better have a big house, cuz I'm coming to stay until I find a deal or two like this!! You lucky, lucky girl!!! I love the White cabinet! Beautiful!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
No, if I find a "red" one, (and have the funds) I'm jumping on it! HeHe Billy (Lost51) has a pink one for sale in Classified.

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des

There's a red sewing machine on <eBay.com.au> #150625794835 and also #260808321519 the latter doesn't have a power cable, but the main thing to remember is that our power is 240v so you would need a step-down transformer.

Bronwyn ;-)
Those are really cool! You people really aren't helping to keep me out of trouble! I saw a really pretty colored blue one yesterday at a goodwill for $39.99, a Style-mate, EX99785 that had a really nice cabinet. It turned real stiff, and I'd rather save my money for that pretty pink one Billy has. which is probably snatched up by now - I haven't headed over there yet!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Bojangles,
Its beautiful!! The colors in your quilt are wonderful! I like to use different vintage machines to finish a quilt. I like the Pfaff 1222E for sewing bindings too, she's in the
Horn cabinet that she shares with her sister machines. I would like to see the whole quilt, please.
Sharon W.
Thank you Sharon. Here you go. This quilt is only 60X70, a small lap quilt.

Nancy

Quilt as You Go Lap quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218901[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218895.jpe  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I started a quilting journal this morning, not my usual blog posting. So, what did I write about- my vintage sewing machines. I want my kids to have the story correct about my vintage machines: how I found them, how much I paid for them, the condition of the machines when I picked them up, the age of the machines, what I named the machines, what I mainly used the machines for, and what I made with them.
You know Monica, a journal is a great idea, but the guru's tell us to label our quilts with the important information too. Like the year you made it, who made the quilt, and yes it would be cool to put on the quilt all the vintage treadles, etc., that were used to make the quilt. Maybe, I will start doing that! Who knows, maybe 100 years from now some of our quilts will be used in a vintage collection display!

Nancy
Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
The Serial Number on my Free #5 just acquired, posted page 1209, is 0119011. Says built in Rockford ILL. Thought you could add it to your list. I'd love to know when.
Thank you! I will add this one. Does it have a last patent date on the slide plate? Anyone else have a Free #5 to add to my list? I am still trying to date these machines. If any of you have receipts, etc., that came with the Free #5 that would help.

Nancy
Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by psychonurse
featherweight
born 1951 june 1 Elizabeth NJ
AK 416867

She came with a case and several feet. should have taken a pic. forgot.
She did not have a plug on her cord when purchased, but
for $179 I got that taken care of.
she has some wear on the front AND I have not investigated how to clean her up from that aspect.
She sews like a charm. Her name is CeCe
Beautiful FW! Does anyone on here have a FW older than 1935? I have a first run of 1935 FW and was wondering if I have the oldest one here?

Nancy
Old 06-30-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Thanks. I noticed that but still would like info and possibly go look if it's still available. If it is indeed a Lotus and decals are that pristine, it is too good to be true. I do intend to look this gift horse in the mouth if I get the chance!!!
Edit: I just checked Singer serial # site: It's a 66K. 35,000 manufactured between Jan & Jun of 1919. Still waiting to hear back from seller.
Would those decals still have been in use on a machine in 1919?
Yes, the Lotus decals went thru the early 1920's.

Nancy
Old 06-30-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

Doing the happy dance......

All I can say is WOW. :shock: :shock: :shock: