Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quilt addict
I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

Doing the happy dance......
OMG!!!!!

Lisa I am coming out there and I am staying with you for a few months just so I can get your luck to rubb off on me!! You did really awesome and I am so happy for you, I cant hardly contain myself!

You are truly the woman of my dreams!

Billy
Billy you are welcome to stay as long as you want.

Was it really bad to wait for the $10 change from the $40 I gave him?

Now to decide which FW to keep. They are in really remarkable condition. I few scratches, need new rubber feet. There is a repair ticket for the 1937 one. Mrs. M. Carter had a service call on 7/1/53. The total bill was $3.96 to clean and check the motor. Those were the days. There are directions to her house so I think they picked up the machine and delivered it back on 7/10/53.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

Lisa, Amazing! What did you pay for the FW? Wow.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 PM

Now to decide which FW to keep. They are in really remarkable condition. I few scratches, need new rubber feet.
Keep both. They like company. Hans and Frans, OLD SNL skit, can be their names. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

OMG!!!!!

Lisa I am coming out there and I am staying with you for a few months just so I can get your luck to rubb off on me!! You did really awesome and I am so happy for you, I cant hardly contain myself!

Billy

Now to decide which FW to keep. They are in really remarkable condition. I few scratches, need new rubber feet. There is a repair ticket for the 1937 one. Mrs. M. Carter had a service call on 7/1/53. The total bill was $3.96 to clean and check the motor. Those were the days. There are directions to her house so I think they picked up the machine and delivered it back on 7/10/53.
I might would have felt guilty for maybe a second or two but I could not get my wallet out fast enough for those three machines. You did very well on all of them I am still amazed at $10 each for all three.......... :shock:

If I come out there I might not want to leave, something about the California sun and fun........
Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 PM

OMG!!!!!

Billy

I don't think you should feel guilty in the least. The man didn't do his homework before selling, that's his fault, not yours. He's happy, you're happy, what's wrong with that? :)
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 PM

Lisa, you only paid $10 each for the FWs???????????? Unbelievable. No, I can't believe that. I need to leave CL alone and start going to yard sales, etc.

OMG!!!!!

Billy

I might would have felt guilty for maybe a second or two but I could not get my wallet out fast enough for those three machines. You did very well on all of them I am still amazed at $10 each for all three.......... :shock:

If I come out there I might not want to leave, something about the California sun and fun........
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 PM

I hope you don't mind that I dropped in, since the machine I got today isn't a Singer (as far as I know).
I did get a patent number on it - - Montgomery Ward Model R (or it could be A) ... patent number 2.007.794
I couldn't get the machine to lift up out of its box (the cover is missing) and, it is going to take me a while to figure out how to get to the bobbin.
The other interesting (I thought) feature of this straight stitch machine is a nickel plate (I assume it is nickel, since it hasn't tarnished) about five inches long that runs under the foot the entire width of the bed of the machine - - other than that, the entire machine is a boring black cast iron body. It is printed with information about needle sizes.
I just popped in to start receiving postings from this thread.
However, if you have any pointers for me, I surely would appreciate it. <wave>
Old 06-29-2011, 08:32 PM

Omak, we don't care if they're Singers or not!! Most of havea variety! :) That plate is most likely a cover for a vibrating shuttle...aka "long bobbin"...

Do you have a photo for us? :)
Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 PM

Welcome, Omak. This site/thread is more than Singers. It for all Vintage machines. I have several different brand names of machines. Can't help with your machine as I don't have one but others wil be able to help you. ~ Chris
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 PM

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

OMG! Fantastic FIND! Keep them both, TWINS! brother and sister...or is it husband and wife...just keep them both. It's a family! :) NICE! very very nice!