Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-29-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Look at this one. It is beautiful. DH would kill me but I want it. Drool, drool and more drool. Need a bib!!!!
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/2469318105.html
Oh and the price is right too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be leery about this one because the description does not match the photo.
Billy
Billy;

Thanks. I noticed that but still would like info and possibly go look if it's still available. If it is indeed a Lotus and decals are that pristine, it is too good to be true. I do intend to look this gift horse in the mouth if I get the chance!!!
Edit: I just checked Singer serial # site: It's a 66K. 35,000 manufactured between Jan & Jun of 1919. Still waiting to hear back from seller.
Would those decals still have been in use on a machine in 1919?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

Billy;

Thanks. I noticed that but still would like info and possibly go look if it's still available. If it is indeed a Lotus and decals are that pristine, it is too good to be true. I do intend to look this gift horse in the mouth if I get the chance!!!
Yeah but the description is to the T as to what a 28 would be. And that is clearly a 66. No VS or anything like the seller is talking about. I would look and see if there is another add somewhere that is for a Lotus and has the wrong photo with it just to be on the safe side. But definitely contact the seller on this one, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Billy
Old 06-29-2011, 06:58 PM

My Singer 15-91 sewing machine foot peddle seems to get kind of warm when I sew with it for a couple of hours at a time. Should I replace it? And if yes, where do I find a replace ment. thanks in advance for your help.

Also, are all Atlas sewing machine made by Brother?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Billy;

Yeah but the description is to the T as to what a 28 would be. And that is clearly a 66. No VS or anything like the seller is talking about. I would look and see if there is another add somewhere that is for a Lotus and has the wrong photo with it just to be on the safe side. But definitely contact the seller on this one, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Billy
Billy; I will look through CL and see if I find something similar. I did wonder about the 28 or 128 according to its serial # b/c I didn't think they looked like that. I'll keep you posted. Yes, DH will kill me but we're looking at a $600 grill for him so it all evens out. :mrgreen:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KatFish
My Singer 15-91 sewing machine foot peddle seems to get kind of warm when I sew with it for a couple of hours at a time. Should I replace it? And if yes, where do I find a replace ment. thanks in advance for your help.

Also, are all Atlas sewing machine made by Brother?
Not all of them but that one is I know that for a fact. It was manufactured in Sept of 1959.

As for the pedal it is normal for them to get warm with continuous use but if you want to unplug the machine and take it off and check the inside for dust bunnies or burned places and make sure the wiring is secured to the pedal. If all is good then use it like you stole it but give it breaks ever so often so it doesnt over heat.

Billy
Old 06-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

Billy; I will look through CL and see if I find something similar. I did wonder about the 28 or 128 according to its serial # b/c I didn't think they looked like that. I'll keep you posted. Yes, DH will kill me but we're looking at a $600 grill for him som it all evens out. :mrgreen:
Well I hope you get it I would love to have a lotus!

Billy
Old 06-29-2011, 07:09 PM

Thanks Billy. I knew you would have the answers for me.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:14 PM

Well I hope you get it I would love to have a lotus!Billy
Well, I looked but did not see anything else from that seller. I did see lots of others I'd love to have so made myself not look anymore. Tempted by too many machines and no space for what I already have. I am hoping it is still available but if not, it wasn't meant to be.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 PM

I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

Doing the happy dance......

White Rotary Serial # FR3225882
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218808[/ATTACH]

White Rotary
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218809[/ATTACH]

1937 AE410176 and 1945 AG536490 twin 221s $10 each
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218810[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218802.jpe   attachment-218803.jpe   attachment-218804.jpe  
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

I cannot believe my luck. The White Rotary was pictured in CL ad for $10 at garage sale on Saturday but would sell early. It mentioned that other sewing machines were available. When I called he didn't know what the other machines were but they were more modern Singers then the White. So I was thinking maybe a Touch and Sew or some other not so desirable machines. Well scroll down and see what I got!!

Doing the happy dance......
OMG!!!!!

Lisa I am coming out there and I am staying with you for a few months just so I can get your luck to rubb off on me!! You did really awesome and I am so happy for you, I cant hardly contain myself!

You are truly the woman of my dreams!

Billy