Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Ok...here's the deal!

We meet up here at my house in Central Oregon, and hit the quilt/antique/junk stores here....we swing out and go thru NE Oregon, SE Washington, making sure that we hit South Central Washington, on over to the coast, down the coast, and kind of weave our way back here.
We'll take William so he can drive, haul the Uhaul trailer with all of our goodies, and manhandle the machines, and remind us to stop and eat!

:lol:
Ok! Now that you are talking about stopping for food, I'm in!
Got to hit some "dives" with yummy good food. One of my favorite shows is "drive-in, diners, and dives". We will need to stop at some of those places along this expedition.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 AM

[quote=SewExtreme]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I started a quilting journal this morning, not my usual blog posting. So, what did I write about- my vintage sewing machines. I want my kids to have the story correct about my vintage machines: how I found them, how much I paid for them, the condition of the machines when I picked them up, the age of the machines, what I named the machines, what I mainly used the machines for, and what I made with them.
Thanks for the encouragement. That is what I want to do for my children/grandchildren. I would add to your list of things to note: the stories I have collected from quite a few of the machines that I have... my aunt's.. ; my Mother's... and so on. I have enjoyed collecting them and maybe some of them will grow to appreciate what I enjoyed... or the person they sell the machine to someday. History in the making. I just need to begin like you have. :-D
If not for your children/grandchildren, than at least for the next steward of the machine that wants to know a bit of the history of the machine.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Banned

Got to hit some "dives" with yummy good food. One of my favorite shows is "drive-in, diners, and dives". We will need to stop at some of those places along this expedition.
I love that show! I have been to a few of the spots that he has hit especially in our area and they are good!!!

Billy
Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Banned

Okay village people I have some machines and goodies listed up for sale in the Sale section. I even have a really nice Pink Brother Windomatic!!

Go check it out here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134008-1.htm

Billy
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I love that show! I have been to a few of the spots that he has hit especially in our area and they are good!!!

Billy
I would love to travel across country stopping at some of the places along the way. Most of the food looks so yummmy!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned

When I do my bike tour to Indy and then cross country next year I am going to hit as many spots as he has visited as I can along with as many national parks as I can hit.

Billy
Old 06-29-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I have to agree here. A pink Brother (or a pink Necchi!!!!!!!!!!!!) would be a much better choice.
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des
Go for one of the pink Brother machines. Don't waste your time with that ....of a machine. I recently saw a beautiful salmon and charcoal gray Brother. Gorgeous machine!
Like this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-Necchi-Nora...ht_6960wt_1282
Now~~that is a pretty Pinkie! I like it.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
When I do my bike tour to Indy and then cross country next year I am going to hit as many spots as he has visited as I can along with as many national parks as I can hit.

Billy
That sounds like a blast! Food, national parks, and second-hand stores (that hidden find, sewing machine)....
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 AM

The Serial Number on my Free #5 just acquired, posted page 1209, is 0119011. Says built in Rockford ILL. Thought you could add it to your list. I'd love to know when.
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
This is my new treadle, that belonged to my great- grandmother. I would like to know how to date it. Also, I need to replace the carraige that the bobbin shuttle fits into. Any ideas on where to get the part for it? Anyone have extra parts for The Free No.5? I am going to call a local repairman. The machine was in Illinois, I brought it with me to Georgia. my serial # is C78415
I love your Free #5 and the cabinet! Mine is pictured on page 627, actually there are a lot of Free's on here!

Here are some of the Free's listed here:

Mine 627, Nana 774, Debbie 780, Monica 782, Trish 111 & 780, Kitzone 816, I started tracking them with the serial numbers so we could figure out ages!

Nancy
Thank you, I will check them out.
Rajean
Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Ok...here's the deal!

We meet up here at my house in Central Oregon, and hit the quilt/antique/junk stores here....we swing out and go thru NE Oregon, SE Washington, making sure that we hit South Central Washington, on over to the coast, down the coast, and kind of weave our way back here.
We'll take William so he can drive, haul the Uhaul trailer with all of our goodies, and manhandle the machines, and remind us to stop and eat!

:lol:
Sounds like a great plan. Let me know when, I'd like to get some of your deals.

:D