Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.
Your Kenwood is beautiful... could it have been made by the White Co.? It looks like one they made so maybe it was badged as a Kenwood. The cabinet and the irons are so pretty.

[/quote]

National.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by tammy cosper
TAKE A LOOK AT THE CINDERELLA MACHINE!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114670-1.htm

If you have any info on this please let me know.
Tammy
I have one with a different name somewhere in the basement. VERY cheaply made; the two pieces (front and back) are screwed together and don't.quite.meet. Cute though.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
Hi l saw a Elna Grasshopper in a shop last week l wondered if you could tell me anything about it like how old it is what it does ect
Thank you
Elsie Blight from
south Australia
AKA Elna #1, straight stitch only. Lightweight, open arm. All Elna machines I've used have been wonderful.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 AM

My birthday trip from DH resulted in a drive to AR. He saw me looking at the 3 treadles on CL Little Rock that someone posted. I mentioned that I was interested in the Velox. So Friday we started on this road trip to see the redbuds. And we came home with all 3 of the treadles. And found 2 boxes of old cams in a flea market. Will post pics later. DH is definitely a keeper!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tomilu
My birthday trip from DH resulted in a drive to AR. He saw me looking at the 3 treadles on CL Little Rock that someone posted. I mentioned that I was interested in the Velox. So Friday we started on this road trip to see the redbuds. And we came home with all 3 of the treadles. And found 2 boxes of old cams in a flea market. Will post pics later. DH is definitely a keeper!
I'm glad someone in this group got those machines! Please show us when you get them all cleaned up, especially the Velox! And hope you had a happy birthday...
Old 04-10-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
He saw me looking at the 3 treadles on CL Little Rock that someone posted. I mentioned that I was interested in the Velox. And we came home with all 3 of the treadles. And found 2 boxes of old cams in a flea market.
I'm glad someone in this group got those machines! Please show us when you get them all cleaned up, especially the Velox! And hope you had a happy birthday...
Dh did some dickering. The Velox is missing the skinny front slide plate. And the Damascus is missing the skinny front plate, shuttle and bobbin. I think I might have the shuttle and bobbin, but those skinny plates I do not have. The Sphinx has the best decals and the Velox the best cabinet.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by tammy cosper
TAKE A LOOK AT THE CINDERELLA MACHINE!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114670-1.htm

If you have any info on this please let me know.
Tammy
I have one with a different name somewhere in the basement. VERY cheaply made; the two pieces (front and back) are screwed together and don't.quite.meet. Cute though.
That cinderella is cute, it must have been made for a child's machine? Maybe, that is why it is not made so well? Very cute, though! If I saw that at an estate/yard sale I'd buy it for sure!

Nancy
Old 04-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Tommie, what a lucky woman you are! All three treadles! Ok, I remember something about one person selling 3 treadles for $75 each, or less for all 3? That must be the deal you got! Wow! It seems around here everyone has decided they have rare treasures because the price keeps going up.

Nancy
Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Here are the pictures of Kathie's cabinet before and after she had it re-finished!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182120.jpe   attachment-182121.jpe   attachment-182122.jpe   attachment-182123.jpe  
Old 04-10-2011, 06:00 AM

YAY!! That was me that posted it! I noticed yesterday the ad was gone :). Glad they went to a good home.