Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2943 of 4419 FirstFirst ... 1943 2443 2843 2893 2933 2942 2943 2944 2953 2993 3043 3443 3943 ... LastLast
Results 29,421 to 29,430 of 44185

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    Cool. I see he does events in Roseville, CA. sometimes. That's close to me! I can't seem to find his class prices?

Blog Entries
    It's been explained to me, and I might not get the words exactly right, but basically it causes the cam follower arm to flop around and wear it out prematurely.
    Thanks Miz Johnny!

It's not that I was planning to use either machine without cams in place, but it's nice to know that if I forget (somehow) to have one on board that I'm not going to totally ruin my machine in 12 inches of stitching!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Irishrose, congratulations! What a great son and DIL!

Nancy

Lucky you, I know you were proud to get the Red Eye, they are beautiful machines, Granny
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Cool. I see he does events in Roseville, CA. sometimes. That's close to me! I can't seem to find his class prices?
    Candace, I went to his web site and clicked on class registration. I found one that was 3 days and the price was $625 I went to the spring toga the day after the toga was over and he was having a class and it was well attended. Kathie

Blog Entries
    It's been explained to me, and I might not get the words exactly right, but basically it causes the cam follower arm to flop around and wear it out prematurely.
    Miz Johnny, I love having you back on the board! This is the first plausible explanation I have heard as to why we 'should' leave a cam in the Rocketeer type machines!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    I had a great time yesterday at our Mini TOGA in Roseville. It is amazing the things we learn/find out about - like the little attachment that Monica has for her Standard that turns that machine into a chain stitch machine. She has to replace the bobbin with a thing that sort of becomes a looper! I have never seen something like that! Then Cathy had a machine, and darn I can't remember what brand, that she replaced the SHUTTLE with a thing that became the looper to make the chain stitch! It amazes me what our forefathers/mothers invented!

I also learned how to get a nice stitch from a 28 that had the shuttle thread catching causing bunched stitches!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 12-28-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, I didn't have good luck with the hinges for the Pfaff cabinet. They are the correct type of hinges. They fit perfectly into the groves in the cabinet and they screw underneath the cabinet correctly, but they orient to the right which puts the pins off by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. One pin will go into the machine, but the second one is way off and the whole machine gets moved over so it won't fit into the hole in the cabinet. I knew it was iffy about these hinges because even though they fit the groves they were not from a Pfaff cabinet/machine. DARN and double DARN!!!!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 12-28-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Scroll to the bottom under confirmed classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Miz Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
    Candace, I went to his web site and clicked on class registration. I found one that was 3 days and the price was $625 I went to the spring toga the day after the toga was over and he was having a class and it was well attended. Kathie
    Thanks. I was finally able to figure out that messy webpage! Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I had a great time yesterday at our Mini TOGA in Roseville. It is amazing the things we learn/find out about - like the little attachment that Monica has for her Standard that turns that machine into a chain stitch machine. She has to replace the bobbin with a thing that sort of becomes a looper! I have never seen something like that! Then Cathy had a machine, and darn I can't remember what brand, that she replaced the SHUTTLE with a thing that became the looper to make the chain stitch! It amazes me what our forefathers/mothers invented!

I also learned how to get a nice stitch from a 28 that had the shuttle thread catching causing bunched stitches!

Nancy
    Thanks for the update on the Toga. I was not able to make it because I am still sick. 12 days is getting out of hand. I am sorry about the hindges. Kathie