Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2971 of 4369 FirstFirst ... 1971 2471 2871 2921 2961 2970 2971 2972 2981 3021 3071 3471 3971 ... LastLast
Results 29,701 to 29,710 of 43688

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries

my pics are a little different

Name:  CIMG0757.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  587.3 KBName:  CIMG0756.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  638.9 KB

Phyllis, that you for the picture of the threaded New Home. Maybe now I can thread and use mine. Kathie
    Last edited by Kathie S.; 01-05-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: bad typing

Blog Entries
    I have no idea how the Vindex Special is suppose to look - got rust??? Name:  Singer 503, Vindex and Franklin 015 small.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  149.9 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Wow! Ladies you have some beautiful New Homes!! It appears I am missing a piece of the tension. Not sure what it does exactly...puts tension on the thread obviously...and it also appears that my top plate is bent. Sewww....anyone know where I can find a new used one? I might be able to bend the plate I have back into shape, but will need the bottom piece. My daughter will be disappointed, cuz she was told this machine needed only the belt to run. LOL! That's Craigslist for ya!
    Phyllis, thank you so much for the threading picture! That made everything so clear! You are so smart to use that heavy turquoise thread so I could see it well.
    Now to find parts!
    Thank you all for your help!
    Last edited by sew wishful; 01-06-2012 at 02:36 AM.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Phyllis nm,

Your pics of the New Home look great. I think the machine isn't threaded right, the thread take up spring is the only thing I see wrong. The thread is suppose to be behind the wire hoop and you take a loop between the wires and pull it in front of the take up spring. HTH's

Blog Entries
    Name:  new Home T No 3 1926.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  1.26 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Randa,

I think I see two problems. First the tension looks like it is missing the second metal plate which sits below the plate with the slot. The tension is created by these two plates pressing on the thread.

Cathy
    Ok I am a little confused! It seems we all have a different New Home tension set up, threading set up! Here is my New Home T No 3 and the top tension looks just like Randa's! Only one tension plate, not two! But Randa, your tension plate is bent as Miz Johnny noticed! I'm sorry I don't have a better picture of the front -close up - but, mine threads differently than any of yours!
    Last edited by BoJangles; 01-06-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    Hope this helps with the tension issues!
    Miz Johnny, I know I am easily confused, but you took the tension plate off in the second picture?

Nancy

Ok, I am awake now. You are all talking about the little release attachment thingy on the tension plate that is missing on Randa's New Home?

Randa, I am not so sure you are missing anything on your tension plate. Look at the Smithsonian photo of the New Home tension. It shows a tension plate exactly like yours. There is no second part in that photo, only the flat plate on top. I am thinking because your machine is older than the rest of ours, it didn't have that fancy release thingy? Anyway, on all the photo's on the Light Running New Home Sewing Machine manual from the Smithsonian, there is no release part of the tension. Look at page 12 and 13 of the manual, the tension plate in identical to yours.
    Last edited by BoJangles; 01-06-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Here is the manual at the Smithsonian again for the rest of you to look at! http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...es/image11.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
    Name:  CIMG0757.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  587.3 KBName:  CIMG0756.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  638.9 KB
    Phyllis that is a great photo with the blue yarn/thread showing the threading of a New Home, but you are not threaded correctly either. Your thread has to go back of the staple thread guide too.

Nancy